Getting older, how does it effect otherss

Lackblogger is quite right with the hairy thing. But I actually like my goatee *eg*.

Thanks everyone but seriously I'm okay and I know it'll all be good just waiting for them to call (sometime during next two weeks most probably), I just wanted to say that with age your body starts misbehaving.

Except the brain (unless dementia). My was misbehaving since I was born. ;)

As a relative youngster around here, I'm only 31, but I've had my share of physical problems. I injured my back in the Navy, so I have to always be on guard. In January, I re-hurt it putting on a sock. :/ It wasn't until June that I could get back into a regular exercise routine.

But aging itself has really only made my life better. I have a wonderful wife, an amazing daughter. I couldn't ask for anything more. But to top it off, I have maybe the best job on the planet. I work 3 days a week (4 days with the family!), I get paid a ridiculous amount compared to the work, and it's in Hawaii (the single best spot on Earth).

Life is good.

But maybe some more hair on my head would be nice...

Thanks for the chuckles, guys. There's nothing quite as amusing as people in their 40s talking about aging. I'm 66 and you guys have no idea what's ahead. Let me just say, I've discovered that they call these the "Golden Years" because your bladder starts being extremely unreliable. Somebody made a comment about hair; as you get older hair becomes like sex in jail, you can't get what you want and what you do get you don't want! I do still feel pretty good, but I definitely can't do the things I did. I spent most of the '60s and '70s as a space cowboy (if you know what I mean) o_o, but I take pretty good care of myself now. We all go through a period where we realize we'll never realize our dreams and have to learn to accept our life as it is; it's called a mid-life crisis. It is kind of a trip, though, looking back and realizing that I remember when the transistor was still a research project or thinking back on the concerts I went to; the Who, Jefferson Airplane, Frank Zappa, etc. I think realizing that life is a series of transitions and then accepting each as they come along has helped me a lot. Don't worry if you're not there yet, I didn't get smart and settle down until my mid-fifties. If you're young yet, I'd just say; make sure of your choices, 'cause it gets real down the line. Now get off my lawn, damn you!!

Back from the hospital just now and I'm delighted to report that today's little legion is neither cancer nor AIDS nor ebola but is just a thing that will be removed at a later date. I breathe to live another day :celebrate:

That's good news.

Hmmm… you know, my beard has been going platinum blond lately. Seems kinda odd. You don't think that maybe… nah.

Hope it works out well for you, joxer.
Ghhaaa! This is NOT something you want to work its way out! That would be insanely pain… oh… <ahem> I see now. Yeah, I hope it goes well, too. :blush:

Back
Top Bottom