Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Star Renegades PC Release Date Announce Trailer

Star Renegades is a strategy RPG about outsmarting AI-driven adversaries, forging friendships, and toppling galactic empires spanning across alternate worlds.
CohhCarnage Unboxes:Wasteland 3 Collector's Edition

Cohh unboxes Wasteland 3 Collector's Edition (Big Thanks To inXile And Brian Fargo!)
Noclip's How Prey's Mind-Bending Opening Level Was Designed

We talk to the developers at Arkane Austin about the design of the opening 30 minutes of Prey.

GreedFall - One Million Copies Sold

GreedFall has sold over one million copies worldwide. Teer Fradee has been welcoming a lot of new Renaigse! Thank you so much for making the journey this incredible.
Alaloth Champions of the Four Kingdoms Game Story Trailer

Alaloth is aiming to bring the CRPG genre together with action-based combat that requires patience and cunning. We've got a new gameplay commentary to share today which digs into these details plus more!
Battle Brothers: Blazing Deserts Developer Preview #3

Welcome to the final part of our preview video series on the upcoming ‘Blazing Deserts’ DLC. This time we take a look at the new throwable pots and primitive firearms coming to Battle Brothers, and fight an army of the mighty city states.
Arkane 20th Anniversary Collection Available - Steam

With a catalogue that has racked up hundreds of awards, including numerous Game of the Year awards, Arkane Studios has spent the last two decades perfecting its unique style. From the decaying cobbled streets of Dunwall and the vibrant shores of Karnaca, all the way to the alien-infested, art deco halls of the Talos I space station, the Arkane 20th Anniversary Collection spans Arkane Studios’ greatest hits.

For those who play these two MMO games.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Stonethorn DLC Gameplay Trailer

Continue (or begin!) your Dark Heart of Skyrim adventure with Stonethorn, a new DLC dungeon pack coming soon to The Elder Scrolls Online. Assault an ancient fortress and halt a new vampiric invasion before it begins its march, and investigate the terrible creations of the mad alchemist Arkasis. What you discover shall not only have repercussions for the people of Skyrim, but all of Tamriel!
Fallout 76 - August 2020 Updates - Bethesda
Greetings, Dwellers! We’re making final preparations as we head into QuakeCon this weekend, and we’ve got a number of reminders to share with you about Fallout 76 at QuakeCon this year, our ongoing Fortifying ATLAS community challenges, and some updates for our community calendar. Read on to catch the details, and we hope you’ll join us for three action-packed days this weekend.

Last edited:
I've seen it before, but it bears repeating that the Wasteland 3 CE is the best collector's edition I've ever seen for a game.

Great to see Greedfall shifting a million units. I think there will continue to be an appetite for these types of AA rpgs, that the likes of Spiders and Piranha Bytes provide.

I think that if you kept the budget in that sort of ballpark, but rounded up some really strong writing and narrative design talent, you could have a big hit with this type of production.

I think that if you kept the budget in that sort of ballpark, but rounded up some really strong writing and narrative design talent, you could have a big hit with this type of production.

You're probably right, but I'd rather see them upgrade their worldbuilding skills tbh. I thought the writing in Greedfall was pretty decent for the most part. I'm more of an exploration guy myself though, and it was disappointing in that department.

You're probably right, but I'd rather see them upgrade their worldbuilding skills tbh. I thought the writing in Greedfall was pretty decent for the most part. I'm more of an exploration guy myself though, and it was disappointing in that department.

Yeah, though I think about the worldbuilding as a function of the writing, as well as the script and narrative. That's definitely a big part of what could be taken up a notch with the right talent, without hugely expanding the budget.

Last edited:
Great to see Greedfall shifting a million units. I think there will continue to be an appetite for these types of AA rpgs, that the likes of Spiders and Piranha Bytes provide.

That approach would certainly be a big hit with me. I don't need games to have the tip toppiest of production values and a game with decent graphics but top notch writing, I'd be all over that.

Yeah, though I think about the worldbuilding as a function of the writing, as well as the script and narrative. That's definitely a big part of what could be taken up a notch with the right talent, without hugely expanding the budget.

There's narrative worldbuilding as well, yes, but it's the environmental part that I'm more interested in. I thought Greedfall was pretty weak there.

To be fair though, it's not really an open-world game and wasn't marketed as such.

Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness Beta Preview - Gamebanshee
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness, or at the very least its Backer Beta, is a strange game. It’s clear that a lot of care and effort was put into it, but then at times it almost feels like it simply tries to ape some other RPGs that came before it.

In the end, Black Geyser walks a very fine line between that and being its own thing full of interesting or at the very least unique ideas. And I can’t deny that despite whatever shortcomings the game’s backer beta may have, it also oozes a certain charm that makes you want to keep playing it.

And if you ask me, the number of technical issues and minor annoyances present in the beta the developers manage to fix by the time Black Geyser launches will determine if that charm is going to last. And I really hope that it does.
Mechajammer Update #28 Build Updates and Gif Roundup - Kickstarter
Alpha/Beta backers — we'll be having an update this week with a couple new death matches for testing, as well as a beginning map of the game — after your "landing" — for a more full scale test of gameplay systems. You can scurry around the jungle and sneak around (alternative read: tear through) scavengers who have an encampment nearby, searching for the keys to a boat for a ferryman to get you to the city.

We'll be breaking out the mic and showcasing this off when we release it.
Mass Effect Remastered N7 Trilogy Pre-Orders Spotted Online - Glitched
A few days ago we reported on a possible Mass Effect Remastered N7 Trilogy release date leak. Someone posted a release calendar which seemed to stem from a retailer. The game was listed for a 29 September 2020 release date alongside other upcoming games. However, video game retailer GAME UK reportedly began taking pre-orders for the Mass Effect Remastered N7 trilogy over the past few days. Users were able to go into the retail store and put down a deposit. According to multiple Reddit users who posted their receipts online, GAME UK knew nothing about the title but it was on their system available for pre-order.

Solasta: Crown of the Magister Demo First Impressions

In this video I give you my first impressions on a game called Solasta: Crown of the Magister. I was able to play the demo for this game during the Steam Summer Game Festival, and I was blown away. I was already looking forward to Baldur's Gate 3, now I have two games to salivate over.
Horizon Zero Dawn PC Port Needs Some Work

The former PS4 exclusive has made its way to PC, but notable issues hold it back from greatness at the moment.
Disturbing Myths & Folklore That Inspired The Witcher 3

On this episode of Lorescape, we explore the disturbing legends behind 4 of the most unforgettably creepy monsters of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Horizon Zero Dawn PC: An Amazing Game Gets A Disappointing Port

After a stunning debut in Death Stranding, the Decima Engine is back - this time with a port of Guerrilla Games' stunning Horizon Zero Dawn. The game itself is stunning, but the conversion work here has many bugs, issues and problems. Alex Battaglia reviews the game, based on the Day One patch running the latest drivers.

I've seen a few of the Solasta previews and the game just seems very slow. Everything takes quite a bit of time to accomplish. I guess that pads the hours played, but are people going to stick around if it takes two hours to move around and interact with stuff? I hope they tweak that before release. It all looks interesting though and I don't even play party-based games.

Whelp it's officially announced now.:(

The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021 - Twitter
WE ARE MOVING THE LAUNCH OF VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE - BLOODLINES 2 TO 2021.

Our goal has always been to deliver the best game possible, to immerse you into a Seattle re-imagined in the World of Darkness, and deliver a worthy successor to the original Bloodlines game. Due to the quality bar and ambitions we have set for ourselves, we have made the difficult decision that we need more time. This means that our goal to release in 2020 is no longer possible. Moving launch is one of the changes we are making to ensure the best player experience possible.

This is not a decision taken lightly nor is it the first option we considered. We will share more information in the coming months on launch timing and other organizational changes that will help us achieve this goal.

We understand that this will be a disappointment to many of you, but we also appreciate how our ambition is echoed through many parts of the community. We hope you understand that, while difficult, this is the right call.

We thank you all for your patience while we continue to build Bloodlines 2.

I always read about VtM:B around here, so I'm looking forward to it. But it's weird... I have barely ever heard of the original games outside this website. I've never seen a clip —or to my knowledge— even a screenshot of the original games! So I have very little idea what these games are even like.

Guess it's good that they're taking their time releasing the next game. It's interesting to be in my position... looking forward to a game I know almost ZERO about. I'm trying to keep myself as "blind" as possible and look forward to playing this next one. I am very curious, though.

Star Wars KOTOR: Bioware's Clunky Masterpiece

For as hyped as this game has been since it came out, I never took the time to beat it until now. Join me as I give my thoughts on it 17 years later.
Was Fable as good as I remember?

A look at the mechanics, story and innovation of Lionhead Studios' biggest franchise before it shut down.
Was Fallout New Vegas as good as I remember?

Finally got this one out, sorry about the wait. Join me as I take a look at arguably the best Fallout in the franchise.
RTS-RPG Hybrid Lands of Raynar Announced - Steam
Take on the role of Karia and unveil the hidden truth of the past with your mysterious companion Ivy. Explore the Lands of Raynar as you take on enemies as they lead through Mórrí, a mythical creature of unknown origin.
Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen State of the Game - July 2020

This episode the team talks all about the upcoming PA5 Shakeout Sessions, what the team has been working on, and what to expect when you get in game
Torchlight III Relic Subclass Update Available - Steam
Good morning frontier!

This is the update that you’ve been watching and waiting for. The Relic Subclass update has arrived and alongside it, a complete character and account wipe.

This update is a culmination of player feedback we have received since launching to Early Access: More skills slots, bringing the total up to nine - all with controller support. New mini-dungeon areas, hair color options, and fort decorations. UI scaling and video setting updates. A large list of bug fixes and performance improvements. And five powerful and unique Relic Subclasses, each a full skill class tree leaning heavily into a specific combat style, with Relic energy, weapon masteries, and passive and active skills.

“Relics initially began as a special type of item that had unique features. They were items that you could equip and level up and store/swap between characters. They would gain stats and have their own dedicated weapon slot. Relics were designed to be flexible, super powerful combat options with their own background and lore.” Tyler, Torchlight III Project Lead explains. “Through Alpha and Steam Early Access, our fans have guided us on a journey that has brought relics more and more into the center of the game. In update after update, we’ve heard that relics were getting better, but they had more potential that just didn’t feel unlocked.”

Then Early Access started…

Well surprise my new account since Win 10 had to reinstalled, and I'm locked out of my main Email accounts. Anyway here some news once my posts get approved.:)

Dev Diary: The World of Solasta

Let's talk Solasta Lore with Tactical Myzzrym and Antoine! Learn more about the World of Solasta, its history, geography and religion. Please keep in mind that Concept Art is not always representative of the final game. YouTube Subtitles / CC are available for this video!
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk delayed to September 17th

The Amulet of Chaos our funny tactical RPG is coming September 17!
Raphael Colantonio on Weird West and Leaving Arkane Studios - PC Gamer
The past two decades have been good to Raphael Colantonio. He founded Arkane in 1999, led it through Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, and then hit the big time in 2012 with Dishonored and its multiple expansions and sequels. But after the release of Prey in 2017, he packed it all in, saying he wanted to step back from the industry and "reflect on what is important" to him and his future.

Will this release be an EA or that good ol' definitive one?

From what I can tell it's the full release this time. No early access.:)
Hi, everyone! We have two things to tell you today.

First things first: we’re going to be late. In order to finish The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos properly, to polish it and make it the best it can be, we are pushing the release date to September 17th.

We’ve been set back by a few fumbles, but nothing too critical. We just need some more rounds to catch up! There’s no need to worry though: we locked up the developers with the Dwarf until the game is ready.

How Darkest Dungeon Was Made and Caused an Outrage

This Darkest Dungeon documentary details the development of the video game Darkest Dungeon and goes behind the scenes of its creation. Discover how Tyler Sigman and Chris Bourassa created their own game development studio and brought their idea for Darkest Dungeon to life, as well as how they managed to develop a critically and financially successful game with the help of Kickstarter and Early Access.
Bannerlord Development Update #2: Modding Tools and More

In this development update, we take a look at some recent and upcoming changes to the game, as well as the first batch of modding tools that we hope to share soon!
Skywind Mod Gameplay Demo - Battle at Nchurdamz

It’s been one year since our last gameplay demo and a few months since our last developer update. The “Battle at Nchurdamz” represents some of the progress we have made in every avenue of development - world region design, sound effects, quests, 2D concepts, 3D modelling, implementation, mechanics, weather/atmosphere, voice acting, and more.

Back
Top Bottom