RPGs for fun spear builds

Ah, yeah. If the OP is looking for more action-ish games: Two Worlds 2 worked well with spears or polearms. The range was nice. Dont remember if that also applies to Two Worlds 1.

Actually D:OS/D:OS-2 worked well with longer weapons. It was frequently one of my decisions on if I should switch weapons as the extra range paired with certain skills was fantastic.

I don't understand your point to what @JDR13; said. You can streamline a game in someway and advance it in another ways. The point is, they could have done all of these and still kept spear as well and even better improved it. Now I don't personally care one way or another about spears but I am failing to see your point here :)

My point was that they've done something beyond just streamlining. I thought it was made pretty clear during our exchange, but I guess not :)

This thread made me buy Age of Decadence and Dungeon Rats. They are on sale on Steam. I got them both for $9. Made a spear and shield character in AoD to try it out.

Let me know if you need tips by PM. The game is brutal for first-time players.

Thanks Pladio. I read thru a few help guides. So far it's going pretty good. I just killed every one in the bandit camp and the mine. I made a mercenary and going more the killing route on my first character.

I'm pretty good with turn based strategy battles but AoD is definitely hard. The main thing I learned for fights is keep poison on your weapon, use a sharping stone, and find a place on the battle map where they can only come at you two at a time. Also, make your own spears and armor and keep blocking skill high.

Ah, yeah. If the OP is looking for more action-ish games: Two Worlds 2 worked well with spears or polearms. The range was nice. Dont remember if that also applies to Two Worlds 1.
I do like rpgs where you actually control your character (wasd), so that mostly means first or third person ones which in turn often are action oriented, but it is not a requirement in itself. Beside that I need polish, score 95% or higher on all review sites, and not waste my time (I'm not difficult, I swear).

In fact, I realised the past year that of all the recent games I played, I enjoyed the Deus ex reboots (and dishonored) the most (the bank and the news corporation tower are great). In fact, I think they are fantastic and I crave for more. Luckily I have yet to play Dishonored 2, no spears in there probably :)

PS: if cyberpunk just turns out to be cdpr's take on Deus ex I will be a happy man. If they go beyond it, it will be fantastic.
Actually D:OS/D:OS-2 worked well with longer weapons. It was frequently one of my decisions on if I should switch weapons as the extra range paired with certain skills was fantastic.
Dang, you are right. Would have been the perfect pick, except that I just finished it as a rogue...

Aside from Expeditions: Viking and Age of Decadence, you can make a pretty bad-ass spear build in NWN2. The Stormlord prestige class adds electrical damage to attacks you make with spears (as well as throwing axes, darts, and shurikens). Or of course, you could go with the Weaponmaster class in NWN 1 or 2 and make spears your weapon of choice.

Seconding this. Went into this thread just to see if anyone had covered the Stormlord prestige class in NWN2. It's definitely worth a mention.

Back
Top Bottom