Anno 2205 - E3 Teaser Trailer

Can't wait to play the game but it will probably use Uplay once again.:-/

Ooh, I like the Anno series - will probably be one of those rare day 1 buys from me. I wonder how the moon will work - the Anno series traditionally likes to split everything by islands.

At some point it wasn't clear to me there would be another Anno game. Blue Byte moved everything else online. They also spear-headed the whole online / F2P research for Ubisoft, including having someone travel around the world to share their knowledge. But when Ubi bought the remaining 70% of Related Designs (now Blue Byte Studio Mainz) it became clear.

Pre-order & beta access:
UPlay

After Blue Byte's Settlers Online scamware I'm gonna be very careful about buying this one.
And after Watch Dogs and AC:Unity insults to PC audience, preordering anything from Ubi is out of the question.

No, me being Anno2070's #1 fan won't help changing my mind.

Different studio.

I hope they will expand features a bit. I like this kind of game if it includes potential warfare, espionage and stuff. If it's a pure builder/trader - I tend to get bored.

Nice editing work: the last couple of seconds in the vid gives it out: Ubisoft expects nothing from that product, or they will have trusted another host to promote it.

Supposed to be released in the end of the year, and the trailer only shows a disregard for the physics expected on the moon.

Seems to be a lot of controversy with this compared to the other titles in the series. Quite a few comments on it being more streamlined and the lack of a random map generator. Some people like it, some people hate it.

Review by Tom Chick of Qt3. He is more than happy:
"[...] If you want, you can buy up more land and keep playing. Maybe work on achievements, or try to get your population to a million, or do each map’s quests. But without a sandbox mode, or challenge scenarios, or Anno 2070’s grindy but gratifying system of scientific advances, 2205 doesn’t have the infinite replayability you get in the best city builders. That’s probably a good thing. The last thing I need is a city builder this good with infinite replayability."

I'm still wondering whether to buy it or not :x
Does someone played it, and have a personnal opinion about it?

After watching a few vids, it seems to be a product for players who enjoy learning things without wanting to apply the knowledge behind.

Classical campaign thought as a tutorial, that leaves the player with all the options toward the end.

I ended up buying it. I'm near the end of the campaign and it has been enjoyable so far. I'm not sure what my motivation will be after the campaign has ended. Each sector (which there are 9 now, 3 for temperate, arctic and moon) also has there only story quest line, but it is done in the standard Anno quest style.

There also seems like there is some balance issues in the high end game. Some last tier buildings don't seem to be financially viable - and that appears to be there only purpose. You are better off just not building them.

I'm not sure what to think of the streamlined parts. It's kind of nice not having to organise transports between islands. I've never been big on combat in Anno games, so having it as a separate optional instance is nice, as well as not having to allocate primary resources into building combat ships.

The 2 upcoming expansions will each add a new climate zone, with their own resource chains, so there could be some interesting possibilities there.

Anno 2070 is my favourite game (non RPG). I had pre-ordered this but cancelled it when the devs cancelled the open beta, smelling a rat. Indeed it is not a worthy successor, going by reviews on STEAM it is very dumbed down and has no replay value. Perhaps with some patching it will become a real game, pehaps not. I'm disappointed but glad that I got my 70 euros back in time. Might be worth paying 20 for in a few years. In the meantime, I will keep playing the older Annos.

Back
Top Bottom