D&D gaming section?

bloodlover

Sentinel
I noticed that we have individual topics for games like DA, Gothic, Risen etc. How come there isn't one for games based on D&D/AD&D system?

There might be enough that fit this category,

I like this idea. Do you mean for PnP because it sounds like you are talking cRPG's.

Other than the DDO thread there hasn't been much dent recently in D&D games. We do have NWN 2 as a subforum in RPG.

rpgdot used to have a D&D sub-forum didn't it?

I'd like one, although I agree there hasn't been much to talk about lately.

The D&D forum at RPGDot didn't get much traffic other than a rush when NWN1 came out. As a rule, our admins prefer busy forums to dead ones, so unless a game (or type of game, such as D&D) generates enough long-term discussion to swamp our General RPG forum, it probably won't get its own forum. Exceptions can be made at the capricious whim of the powers-that-be, but that's gonna be rare and will generally revolve around a desire to support an indie release of some sort (see Tactica forum).

Hm... ok. I have to admit that I don't see many people around here talking about old games (D&D/AD&D in particular) but maybe such a topic will draw them there?

I don't know, it just feels strange not having a D&D topic on a website based around cRPG games.

Oh well, that settles it I guess. Admins can close this topic now.

Ty for your time.

@bloodlover, you could open a thread dedicated to this in the general RPG forum. Specify the nature of the thread and see what happens. If it did really take off the admins would have sound grounds for opening a forum or subforum for it. Just an idea. ;)

Sounds good, Cm's proposition.

It would be an ideal way to test how much the amount of actual interest is in it.

Back
Top Bottom