Inquisitor - Signs of Life - First Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Remember Inquisitor? We've followed this for years across our two sites and every now and then it shopws signs of life and then dies off. Cinemax has now released the first trailer, which can be found at VoodooExtreme. Word is the Czech version should be released late this year and the English version in Q1 2010 but I'll believe it when I see it.
Thanks, Leth!
More information.

I have some hope for it, and I also visit the wooden dragon's site every now and then. It's a member of an dying breed (2d isometric RPG) after all.

I agree with both - looks nice enough and I hope it all works ... but we'll just have to wait and see.

I just hope that the localization of the game would be better than "google-translated" :) Esp. since it looks like this game should be more storyline heavy rather than more "Diablo-like?"

Holy crap, it's been so long that I had forgotten about this game. Hopefully it doesn't end up being another Duke Nukem Forever.

Trailer reminds me a bit of of Divine Divinity...

Hm....another planet heard from.
Hopefully it is A) released AND B) they work on those walk animations :S

Trailer reminds me a bit of of Divine Divinity…

Same here! It reminds me DD and I would love it if it is close to this type of gameplay.

Lots of RPG games are going to be releazed in the next 6 months.. that's awesome.

Lots of RPG games are going to be releazed in the next 6 months.. that's awesome.

Maybe this time will become another milestone in C-RPG history, then.

The graphical style reminds me of Arcanum (when using the resolution pack to increase the resolution). Certainly doesn't look bad, but I have to wonder: What took so long? Is the game five times bigger than Baldur's Gate? Do they have a very small team? Did they put it on hold and resume it after X years?

Unless the production costs are very low, I fail to see how it's going to pay the bills at the end of the day (considering how long it's been in production). Other than that, I wish them the best of luck, because it does indeed look interesting.

There won't be any english boxed version of Inquisitor, only downloadable version according to its site. Preorder versions won't have DRM trouble and 30 $ and I'm thinking of preorder it, because its trailer reminded me the good old days when the market is full of isometric rpgs. I hope it won't frustrate me. I think we should support these kind of projects to see more of them.

Agreed, I really hope the game will have proper translation though.

Oh I see its that time of the year again! Beltion and Heart of Eternity should be posting an update any day now too.

Well, some people even play older games even nowadays ... ;) Like Baldur's Gate, for example ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom