Might & Magic - MMO for Next Year?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Awesome news. Ubisoft is apparently leveraging their Might & Magic license to produce the game every fan wants. Watch out World of Warcraft, a Might & Magic MMO is on the way. CVG on Ubi Chairman Yves Guillemot:
Speaking at the (deep breath) BMO Capital Markets digital entertainment conference, the Ubisoft man did not offer specifics on the new Ubisoft titles, but did confirm that Trackmania 2 and a new Might & Magic MMO will arrive next year.
More information.

MMO? No thanks. I would have been completely all over a new M&M game, too... *sigh*

Ya, 3DO destroyed it with a rushed part 9. Not too tragic considering 8 of the games from the series were great. On the topic of an mmo, bored genre, needs a new creative direction, I'm tired of grinding.

He's probably just talking about the MM MMO they are making for the Chinese.

All I want is a MM10 with JVC back producing. It's not that much to ask is it?

Ya, 3DO destroyed it with a rushed part 9. Not too tragic considering 8 of the games from the series were great. On the topic of an mmo, bored genre, needs a new creative direction, I'm tired of grinding.

You know I purchased M&M 8 but only put about maybe 10 hours into it. Not really sure why I didn't complete M&M 8 because I loved 6 & 7. I might have to load it up and play it now that it's on my radar at the moment...

You know I purchased M&M 8 but only put about maybe 10 hours into it. Not really sure why I didn't complete M&M 8 because I loved 6 & 7. I might have to load it up and play it now that it's on my radar at the moment…

What killed 8 for me was the fact that you didn't get to create your own party in the beginning but that they "borrowed" the party gameplay from BG where you had to pick up NPCs as you go and swap them in and out on an "as needed" basis. After the excellent and most interesting character development systems of 6 and 7 this was a big no-no for many fans of the series, myself included.
The previous games, i.e. 6 and 7, managed very well to make you grow very attached to your characters due to the fact that you really got to shape them. Level-ups were frequent in the M&M games (I seem to remember reaching -what- levels in the 60, 70, 80 range?) so you had plenty of opportunity to create very individual characters. You could really sculpt and fine-tune every little detail of your toons. It was awesome.
Part 8 completely took the fun out of that by making the characters much more interchangeable. I didn't like that at all and never got very far in that game either.

Well, could be interesting depending on how they handle it.

It's rare to see, Dhruin so excited about a game. :p

I love Might and Magic ( I even liked 8 and 9). There are simply no other RPGs out there that have the sense of whimsey and an almost total disregard for how high your character can level. My typical M&M character usally ended well past level 30. Still, I have no interest in a Might and Magic MMO.

The only way I would be interested in this at all is if they had similar gameplay to M&M 7 and below, put in an ignore all feature, made all combat areas into instances, (similar to DDO) have a good storyline and quests, and removed the grinding aspects common in MMORPG's.

It isn't likely they will make the game I want and even if it is a good game I probably won't play since it will be a failure as a Might & Magic game.

At this moment it is just a name. It could be exciting, but without any details, who is to say? My best memories still go to Might and Magic 3 - 5. I LOVED World of Xeen and played it prolly 3 dozen times over the years. I don't doomsay, it isn't fair. But it remains to be seen and I keep my curiosity open.

Could be a F2P browser game, teh. Or the new WOW. Who knows? ;)

Maybe they meant MMO : Might and Magic: Origins???

hmm, now that WOULD have been awesome news...

It seems I'm in the minority here as I love MMOs. Still, there are MMOs and there are MMOs, so it's hard to get any excitement without any specifics. Will need to keep an eye on this.

Until Ubi announces Might and Magic X the single player crpg, I'm not buying. It's probably never going to happen though. DAO has proved, again, that single player crpgs can be very profitable. UBI take notes!

Back
Top Bottom