The Broken Hourglass - Interview @ Clan DLan

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Spanish site Clan DLan has an interview with Planewalker's Jason Compton on The Broken Hourglass:
P and I - We understand that The Broken Hourglass will be based in PC-NPC interaction as opposed of fighting against monsters. What is your goal by this?
JC - To be clear, both dialogue and combat are important aspects of the game--you will have to fight to survive and triumph in this game, make no mistake. But we are focusing a great deal of attention on story and character interaction, particularly between the PC and joinable NPCs, yes. Relationships, whether friendly, romantic, or antagonistic, between two or more people working in a group are a great storytelling resource.
Having strong characters with strong personalities is a huge opportunity--and frankly it is an area of game development where having the shiniest technology does not make you the winner, providing us a nice level playing field to compete with the "AAA titles" on.
So if I had to state a "goal" for character interaction, it would be that we want to create a game that makes players care as much about _who_ is involved with the plot as they do about _what_ those characters do to advance the plot.
More information.

Good questions, and interesting answers, I thought.

Yep, this could be a very good game!!

These guys make the game *sound* good, but I'm a little worried that nothing has been said about a publisher and I don't think there is a single screenshot in-game released yet. It's a little weird.

I don't think they are looking for a publisher...I'm pretty sure it will be an independent downloadable like, say, Spiderweb's games. I also think they're a bit too far away for real in-game shots although they have released some location renders.

These guys make the game *sound* good, but I'm a little worried that nothing has been said about a publisher and I don't think there is a single screenshot in-game released yet. It's a little weird.

As the saying goes, there's only one chance to make a first impression. In-game action shots are certainly no exception.

That said, we're looking at releasing some in-game art in January, and a notable computing publication has asked us for shots for a March issue date.

Great interview, indeed. I can't wait to get my hands on this game! :)

Thanks Jason, we look forward to hearing more from you next year!!

Back
Top Bottom