Quantcast
Can of worms: Long term effects of make up - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Can of worms: Long term effects of make up

Default Can of worms: Long term effects of make up

June 28th, 2017, 00:49
I am wondering, do all those chemicals people put on their face damage a persons skin in the long term? What about the more "natural" makeup? Does it cause long term unhappiness? Is the short term benefits worth it? Does it cause you to not like your natural face as you get older?

I dont know, it seems like people are self inflicting a mental illness upon themselves and are damaging their skin at the same time. It makes me so sad that people are going to such lengths to get ahead(pretty people get further in life than others) at their own detriment.

Can anyone make the case for makeup being a good thing in the long run? It just seems like madness to me.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 28th, 2017, 01:18
Nothing bad will happen if you don't overdo it.
If you need to use it for some reason like areas under glasses that sun didn't touch or puberty acne appearing during midlife crisis…

Keep one thing in mind. Less is more.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

June 28th, 2017, 14:30
Hmmm … I used to put on make up on a daily base when I was younger. Loved to try out new colors and looks and didn't give a rat's *** about what the stuff was made of.

But the older I got the more I became concerned with potentially unhealthy ingredients (no matter if they were said to have long-term or short-term consequences) and threw away all products that were potentially unhealthy. Nowadays I use an ingredient-checking tool for my mobile when I need to shop for shampoo, lotions etc.

As for decorative make up, I stopped wearing that after I met a make up-less businesswoman during a business trip a few years ago. She was the only woman in our workshop who didn't wear make up, and she was just as professional and confident as the others … perhaps even more confident. That (and being a lazy person) made me finally lose interest in the stuff, so nowadays I wear decorative make up only at very rare occasions. I rarely feel like painting my face anymore. And I feel just as well without make up.
--
ESO-playing machine

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Play nice.
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

+1:

June 28th, 2017, 15:02
My wife doesn't wear any either except on rare occasions. She has some all natural concoction that she slathers on if she has an interview or something

Of course, like nearly all Americans, she and I both use deodorant. They're both full of chemicals but people are living to 90+ nowadays and that is long enough!
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

June 29th, 2017, 10:24
It's just another thing we probably don't know enough about. Obviously, different brands will effect your skin differently - and I'm sure there are some "organic" brands that proclaim 100% natural make-up or whatever.

Whether that's true or not, I really can't say. I know next to nothing about make-up - except that I think it looks good when used in moderation, and when it's applied with skill.

NewDArt

SasqWatch

June 29th, 2017, 16:39
For all the wheat allergies and sensitivities, and the masses who avoid it like the plague (in some cases, rightfully so), it's incredible how little care is given for distancing themselves from the wheat based make-up products.
--

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

June 29th, 2017, 20:30
One theory is that allergies are developed when an bored immune system living in an too clean environments seeks something to fight elsewhere.

I don't really knbow what cosmetics do with a face, but I also thinik - hope - that firms are making sure it won't affect people's health too much.

Besides, I often find it very funny when people talk about an "Rouge class" in (A)D&D and other systems.
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Can of worms: Long term effects of make up