Dragon Age 2 - Lowtown Profiled and a preview @ GameDynamo

aries100

SasqWatch
Bioware has updated their official website for DA2 with some info on Lowtown in Kirkwall. From Lowtown we will probably be let into the the city sewer's tunnels, Darktown.
A newcomer to the city of Kirkwall will find Lowtown a vast maze of shantytowns and labyrinthine corridors, all clustered around the busy man-made harbor. Lowtown is literally a pit where the slaves were once quartered, but residents comfort themselves with the thought that as poor off as they are, they are still not the worst in Kirkwall. That honor belongs to those who have descended into "Darktown", the nickname given to the truly desperate who have taken refuge in the city's sewer tunnels.
A brief preview can be found at GameDynamo based on info we already know. Here's a snip, though:
On the plus side, the new character can be either male or female and can be a mage, warrior, or rogue. However, the first name will be based on whether the character is male or female, with the last name taking Hawke either way. Hawke will be fully voiced this time around, and depending on who is speaking to the player character, will be addressed differently. It is possible to hear Hawke’s own name but that will be rare. Apparently, the developers at BioWare felt that the enigmatic hero from the original game actually turned many people away. As such, they decided to take the same approach the Mass Effect games did to draw the player in and immerse them in the story.
BioWare will again include romantic encounters as part of the gameplay, but this time it will not only be with NPCs in the party (as before) but also with others met throughout the game world. There will also be encounters with groups and characters from Origins, including Flemeth (yes, she is still alive).
More information.

"Lowtown", that is where the lowest live, sorry the almost-lowest. And "Darktown". I guess the writers at Bioware don't know that poor African-American districts back before the Civil Rights movement were often called Darktown? As in "Darkies".

Where do they find people to write this stuff?

Wow, how smart they are.. by using the gay last name hawke for both the female and the male character they don't have to record two version of dialogue where the heroes name is mentioned.... pure brilliance.

Let us also take a way what little old school elements there were and replace it by mass effect.

Consider me impressed!

Kirkwall ? So Dragon Age 2 takes place in Scotland ?

Oh for f*ck's sake. Is Bioware supposed to churn out the same game year after year just to make the whiners here happy?

It's a different game. A different game. Get over it. Dragon Age was never called "Dragon Age: Top-Down Isometric Tactical RPG." They are making a different game. Maybe you'll like it if you try it. It's not even out for another six months and people here are routinely complaining.

Pathetic and sad behavior. But carry on!

Well from what I've gathered from the forums etc., the combat is going to be quite similar to DA:O on the pc, you can pause and pull back to tactical view. Only the pace of combat has changed and the animations are flashier. How quick the combat is? We can't really say until we see some good quality gameplay videos of regular combat, not the exaggerated framed narrative portion. Then there's the changes to skills and spells, again hard to say too much about them until we see more.

Oh for f*ck's sake. Is Bioware supposed to churn out the same game year after year just to make the whiners here happy?

It's a different game. A different game. Get over it. Dragon Age was never called "Dragon Age: Top-Down Isometric Tactical RPG." They are making a different game. Maybe you'll like it if you try it. It's not even out for another six months and people here are routinely complaining.

Pathetic and sad behavior. But carry on!

Dragon Age: Origins really wasn't very tactical, and it was an even weaker RPG. I like RPGs that give me meaningful choices in combat and character development, so, yes, I'll be giving Dragon Effect a pass.

Back
Top Bottom