|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Just realized how rich I am

Default Just realized how rich I am

April 6th, 2017, 16:03
Today I realized I've the following physical boxes in my possession,

StarCraft BW - best RTS of all time
Heroes Complete - best TBS of all time
Baldur's Gate 4-in-1 - best RPG (well, in top 3)
Fallout Ultimate Collection - best RPG (ditto)
Diablo II LoD - best hack & slash of all time
Jade Empire Special Edition - best console RPG (for me)
Neverwinter Nights Diamond - best modular RPG #1
Morrowind GOTY - best modular RPG #2
Alpha Centauri - best 4X of all time

None will use optical mediums in 10 years of course, except maybe astronauts who'll still use 8" floppies… but I'm glad my kids will have what to play. I can already imagine the "RPG" titles in 2030: Fallout 10 iPhone exclusive, Elder Scrolls 11: Creation Kit, Zelda 342…
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

+1:

April 6th, 2017, 16:15
Ah. When I saw the title of this thread I expected something about being healthy.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'

Eye

Eye Watch

April 6th, 2017, 16:21
Feeling bored the other day I measured my heart pressure. Upper was 110 (systolic) with 68 lower (diastolic) blood pressure. Heart rate was 58 bpm. You can consider that as very "rich" for a non-athlete.

But then again, I don't smoke or drink alcohol, eat healthy and am moderately active.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

April 6th, 2017, 16:26
Found some more boxes but nothing special…

Arcanum - best "flawed" RPG? Also, crafting
Wizards & Warriors - best worst-looking Wiz8 clone?
Guild Wars 1 - alongside DaoC best PvP formats in a MMO
--

luj1

SasqWatch

April 7th, 2017, 13:05
That's a nice collection! Ive "lost" most of my box sets along the way (sadly including my big box Baldurs Gate I, II and TotSC)…. And I'm just left with more recent stuff:
- Baldurs Gate: throne of bhaal
- wasteland II
- pillars of eternity
- streetfighter IV (wish I had a good version of Alpha II though, which was my favourite in the series)
- complete box set of the Drakensang games
- alien isolation
- divinity original sin
- pool of Radiance - ruins of myth drannor

I used to have so many more. I'm not even sure what happened to them…

Pongo

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

April 7th, 2017, 13:06
I had hundreds of game boxes and manuals once. Threw it all out. Didn't feel poor as a result

NewDArt

Sentinel

April 7th, 2017, 13:46
I still have a huge physical collection. I occasionally go through them to find something to play, as I do have a few games that aren't available in digital stores (Starlancer and Freelancer for example).

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
+1:

April 7th, 2017, 14:42
Dunno exactly what happened with me, but one day I've had enough of my room looking like a dump so I gathered everything, boxes, cds, books, whatnot useless stuff, "packed" and tossed into trash. I mean, I had everything I played (and planned to play) digitally anyway.
Only a few physical things I did keep, for example the damned Drakensang "collection" that caused me to sweat and bleed and I grew some grey hair while trying to find and buy that one then use 3rd party company for importing it over here etc.

Today I'm buying only physical comics. Hardcover ofc unless not possible (not sure why but most manga collections are wrapped with trade paperback).
The plan was to stop doing that too and move to digital platforms, sadly, I just can't enjoy reading digital comics on monitor or tablet, eventually my eyes start to bleed (yea, I bought Cube Stylus tablet thinking 1080p will help, but no). I'm still waiting for a proper color e-ink reader, the moment it hits stores, I'll abandom physical comics too.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

April 7th, 2017, 23:47
Originally Posted by NewDArt View Post
I had hundreds of game boxes and manuals once. Threw it all out.
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Dunno exactly what happened with me, but one day I've had enough of my room looking like a dump so I gathered everything, boxes, cds, books, whatnot useless stuff, "packed" and tossed into trash.
Y'all completely mad!
--

luj1

SasqWatch

+1:

April 8th, 2017, 02:53
I don't have a huge PC collection anymore, but a few little goodies (Konung boxed copy, Diablo II Battle Chest, Drakensang + River of Time and a little compilation disc that has Evil Islands and a couple others on it. )

I did recently start a strategy guide collection. Sucks I don't have the ones I bought growing up, as not only were they great to read but they are likely worth money now. Same with the games I foolishly left behind back then, too. But the strategy guides I currently have are: Arcanum, Baldur's Gate II + expansions, Pillars of Eternity Strategy Guide and the Handbook (lore stuff), Icewind Dale and maybe a couple others.

Side note but the PoE books are gorgeous. If only the information in them was accurate (damn you, Obsidian!!!)

Fluent

The Town Jeweler
RPGWatch Team

April 8th, 2017, 12:17
I had to get rid of my old Neverwinter Nights 2 boxes and discs recently. I think those were my most recent physical RPG purchases.

Thinking about physical install media reminds me of Ultima VI, which I installed to the hard drive. It wouldn't let you keep an alternate savegame, and I didn't know enough to try a second installation (and I may not have had enough HDD space anyway), so for my alt, I had to do the floppy-switching thing. That was so infuriatingly slow I gave up before even getting out of the main city.

Nathaniel3W

Watcher

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Just realized how rich I am