Age of Decadence - January Update - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - January Update

Default Age of Decadence - January Update

February 1st, 2012, 15:29
Originally Posted by VDweller View Post
Still a no magic game. Sorry.
I didn't expect magic, but thought I'd ask. Perhaps your next game
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
crpgnut is online now


crpgnut's Avatar
Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor


Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 6,301


February 2nd, 2012, 19:45
It's really fun to read the new beta-testers impressions. When you've been testing for a while, it's easy to lose track of how the game really plays naturally (same problem for the developers I'd guess) and it's fun to see people try the demo-beta with a fresh outlook on it.
Starwars is offline




Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 231


February 2nd, 2012, 20:49
I'm one of the new beta-testers and let me just say that:

1) contrary to popular belief, the game exists;
2) it's awesome

It seems that how it will play depends very much on your character. I finished the first hub as a merchant skilled in Persuasion, Etiquette, Trading (duh) and Disguise, without a single fight, having done some really brutal things to some people via the dialogue choices and stat checks. I also fell for one trick and lost some reputation; won't spoil anything but it's nice that decisions have consequences. Anyway, what I played could almost be described as "choose your own adventure with robust mechanics and LOTS of stat- and skillchecks". I loved every minute of it; the text is also very good.

When you play a character with a different background the game plays differently, of course…
Elwro is offline


Elwro's Avatar
Filthy Codex Spy


Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 519


February 2nd, 2012, 21:40
I'm keeping track of this game. I think it's the game that could steal time from other activities, but i can't ignore the fact we are talking for months for a demo.

I know, that many would say, if it bothers you, keep walking pal. The thing is, i want to play this game!
akarthis is offline




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: athens
Posts: 379


February 13th, 2012, 17:35
Well it's not really a demo from what I've read, it's actually the first 25% of the game handed out free for people to try, I do wonder how long the remaining 75% will take to complete though.

darklord is offline


darklord's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor


Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: England
Posts: 611
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - January Update
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:49.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch