Grim Dawn - Underground Prototype

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Crate has posted an update on the Grim Dawn forums along with some screens of a cellar:
Been working out a better way to do undergrounds that utilizes the heightmap, instead of the old tile grid, which was limiting and required a lot of unique geometry just to make a very basic scene.

Here are some screenshots of a "cellar" style underground. This was just supposed to be a prototype but I think it is getting close to a finished product. Just needs a little polish and more art.

Getting the undergrounds constructed is one of the larger tasks left to finish before alpha release, so this is a big step forward.

Also, you might notice we've been playing around with the UI based on prior feedback about it being a little too crowded and noisy. Rhis hates it, of course, but me let know what you think.
wink2.gif

http://www.grimdawn.com/media_screenshots.php
More information.

Last edited:
THE DIABLO KILLER. I am old school excited to get my hands on this game, just look at that HUD . This is probably on the top of my priority list and has been quiet some time. I purchased 2 copies to help support this clearly out of love project.

I ordered the Legendary edition to help supprot this title. TQ was fantastic (in my opinion) and hopefully this one is even better.

TQ plus expantion was fantastic,and is ageing well. There is a MOD for TQ its a complete conversion called Lilith.

THE DIABLO KILLER. I am old school excited to get my hands on this game, just look at that HUD . This is probably on the top of my priority list and has been quiet some time. I purchased 2 copies to help support this clearly out of love project.

The over-the-top brightly colored particle effects are not "old school". They're new-school and annoying. I hope they aren't intended to distract people from shoddy gameplay. I wish devs would figure out that just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

Back
Top Bottom