Borderlands 2 - 58 Hour Campaign

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It looks like Borderlands 2 will feature a meaty campaign, with an interview at Gamerzines revealing people making the game guide clocked it at 58 hours for one character:
“What we like to think about it is, Borderlands is a hobby. Some guide guys just did a playthrough of Borderlands 2 and they reported back to us that it takes 58 hours to play through the campaign – and that’s just one playthrough with one character,” Steve revealed to us proudly.
“So the depth with which people can get into that…Yeah we look at it as a hobby, and that isn’t even counting the new Badass Points system and how that’ll affect every character you do. We want it to feel like you get more for your money, we’re happy for people to pay their money once and feel that they get ongoing value.”
More information.

had tons of fun with the first one, i hope they do add a little risk and change things up a bit than doing the conservative diablo 3 route.

A 58-hour co-op campaign sounds pretty darned exciting to me. When the first one ended, my cohort and I just looked at each other and said "dammit! I want more!"

As long as they can maintain constant and interesting character development and loot progression, that sounds great.

It´s time reported by guide guys. By "some" guide guys even!
The same guys reported 2W2 to be a 130 hours long game.
Obviously, these guys are just hilariously slow.
Expect up to 25 hours, crapload of filler included :).

If it's as repetitive as the first game, 58 hours is about 38 hours too long.

If it's too much like the first one, I agree, it might get old fast.

But if it's different enough (and I know they have to keep the same "Borderlands" feel) I won't mind repetition. It didn't bother me too much in the first one since combat was SUCH a blast.

If it's as repetitive as the first game, 58 hours is about 38 hours too long.

i agree completely with this. make exploration more fun and the game less of a grind than a diablo game and more time is welcome. even though borderlands was "open world" to me there was less exploration than in a game like "Metro 2033" which is quite linear.

besides we already had the Big Empty (though not really) with new vegas, we don't need another one;)

I agree that Borderlands 1 was long enough, and I rarely say that about any game I finish. That said, maybe 2 will be a huge improvement over 1. There is precedence, BG2>BG1, ME2>ME1, Assassin's Creed 2 >> AC1, and others.

Back
Top Bottom