KB: Warriors of the North - 2 More Reviews

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Here are 2 more reviews for King's Bounty: Warriors of the North.
  • Geek.com
    Warriors of the North‘s it’s-not-broken-so-why-fix-it approach will be more than fine with some gamers while it will be frustrating to others. Personally I’m satisfied with a new game that’s limited to new characters and the shift from a baby dragon summon to a Valkyrie, but I wish some progress could be made on other fronts. For example, the battle animations still take much too long, even when set to High. Trust me — after you’ve seen the Viking’s cheer 100 or so times, you’re ready to either turn off animations (not an option) or have them play back even faster than they do on High. The game simply takes too long, so cutting down on animation time would help things progress.
  • Rock, Paper, Shotgun
    It’s fine! It should be a £10 expansion pack rather than a £25 expandalone, and as such I can’t in good conscience recommend Warriors of the North over picking up King’s Bounty: The Legend or Crossworlds for far less. It is more finely-balanced, it is free of the slightly grating cutsiness of Armoured Princess and being a big, tough, hairy viking on a flying pony (a quickly-obtained alternate means of navigating around the large overland maps) is a constant delight. So, for this year, I guess I’m okay with another pair of slippers and another series of the Great British Bake-Off. Next year I want Doc Martens and a chilli competition, though.
More information.

The game has quite a few bugs and translate errors and is more of the same, but is addictive like never before.
For that and only that the game is great.

Seems like Armored Princess got a little higher scores overall. I doubt i'm gonna play more than one of the games. This is the type of game i can't stand for years after completing it, i remember that's how i felt about HOMM (HOMM 3 i believe it was, played a bit of HOMM4 too but mehhhh). Fun while it lasted but also totally burnt out on the genre afterwards.

Still KB: the legend IMHO, I can't really say which one is best but the legend is surely better for a beginner.

I too find the The Legend the best BUT this new one is the most fine tuned (my opinion ofcourse) Also the harding curve is with WoftN lower (read, easier to get into and less losses in the start of the game).

Yeah, I've heard it's quite buggy but also a bit boring. Apparently there is a ton of backtracking and something like 9/10 enemies you fight are undead. Not sure who to believe at this point but I'll definitely be waiting until it's a bit cheaper.

It's not buggy. After 6 cleaned maps I had only 1 CTD.
Selling stuff is bugged but you perhaps won't notice it as you'll donate items to valkyres instead of selling them. And collecting crystals counter gets stuck, not a biggie since you miss only +2 to intelligence.
That's it.

There is no annoying backtracking because, as we said, you get wings early so you can quickly get back anywhere if you need to (and you won't need to).

9/10 undead enemies is true as the story is about the undead invasion. Wouldn't the story be a fail if there wasn't so many undead? I mean where's the invasion of undead if there are no undead?
Boring perhaps to some, to me the game is not boring and can't stop playing it.

Last edited:
The crystal thing might be a wrong description, as it works if you collect 150 and dont spend any. Sucks if you are a soothsayer of course. And it's not so much buggy as being poorly translated. A few bugs here and there yes, but nothing major at all.

I am 30 hours in and it's been fun so far.

You're right, it's possible it's not a bug at all and probably it got stuck when I spent first crystal. But as I've said above, it's not something I'll regret, the bonus is pretty low.

Just checked I'm 25 hours.

Last edited:
This is the type of game i can't stand for years after completing it, i remember that's how i felt about HOMM (HOMM 3 i believe it was, played a bit of HOMM4 too but mehhhh). Fun while it lasted but also totally burnt out on the genre afterwards.

The KB games are a lot more RPGish than HoMM imo. There's no town building and very little resource gathering. I agree with GG, start with KB: The Legend.

The KB games are a lot more RPGish than HoMM imo. There's no town building and very little resource gathering. I agree with GG, start with KB: The Legend.

I played the KB demo ages ago but i think i was still recovering from a "HOMM burn-out" and it didn't really grab me. Anyways, gonna see if Steam Store works now (was down yesterday) and buy it.

I played the KB demo ages ago but i think i was still recovering from a "HOMM burn-out" and it didn't really grab me. Anyways, gonna see if Steam Store works now (was down yesterday) and buy it.
Make sure you download spamm's mods for it. It makes the game even better, especially been able to scroll the camera out further. Here is the link to his thread on the official forums

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4033

Or here is the link to his mod page

http://spammmods.narod.ru/kb/

All the mods are worth downloading.

You're right, it's possible it's not a bug at all and probably it got stuck when I spent first crystal. But as I've said above, it's not something I'll regret, the bonus is pretty low.

Just checked I'm 25 hours.
For whatever reason crystal gathering got unstuck when I went exploring pirates' islands and I was able to grab both +1 Int rewards (not that it matters much...).
I can now only assume it wasn't a bug at all but as previously Yme posted, translating omission somewhere.

Make sure you download spamm's mods for it. It makes the game even better, especially been able to scroll the camera out further. Here is the link to his thread on the official forums

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4033

Or here is the link to his mod page

http://spammmods.narod.ru/kb/

All the mods are worth downloading.

Having fun so far. Though i don't really get why my troops sometimes moves automatically and sometimes not. One time the autofight function seemed to be bugged, even if i turned it off it would automatically turn on almost directly. Reloading a save seemed to fix it though.

Back
Top Bottom