Quantcast
Play the demo of our upcoming rated M parody of classic RPGs - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Play the demo of our upcoming rated M parody of classic RPGs

Default Play the demo of our upcoming rated M parody of classic RPGs

October 4th, 2016, 21:58
Greetings RPGWatchers! I am the lead developer of a new indie game studio. Our first game is a RATED M parody of classic RPGs, except with a lot more sex, drugs, and leveling up. Ok maybe not more leveling up, but definitely more sex, drugs, drunken airship captains, and perverted wizards.

Our game is currently in beta and we are looking for people to test it. We are also looking to eventually hire artists, as we want the game to look 8 bit. Please forgive our art because we are currently just using stock art for testing purposes.

If you are interested in learning more, viewing our teaser trailer, or playing the demo go (remember this game would likely be rated M so if you are not over 18 yrs, please do not proceed): here

Any and all comments/suggestions/questions/feedback are welcome! Would you want to play the full game? What could be improved?

8bitsofhero

Traveler

October 4th, 2016, 23:46
RPGmaker again?

Perv wizard? Caan I play that role? If yes…
When you finish the game, dmal, I'm buying it. At least something different from others.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

October 5th, 2016, 00:12
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
RPGmaker again?

Perv wizard? Caan I play that role? If yes…
When you finish the game, dmal, I'm buying it. At least something different from others.
RPGMaker: yep. We actually first tried Unity3D but as much as they like to say they support 2d, it is still a 3D engine. Then we played around with making our own engine in libGDX, but the lack of documentation was rather annoying. Then I played around with RPGMaker and it was perfect for what we wanted to do - have a traditional RPG gameplay style but be able to tell our gratuitously inappropriate and at times possibly offensive story.

Perv wizard: You can't play that role since he is just a quest giver. But there is always the possibility of spinoff games!
Last edited by 8bitsofhero; October 5th, 2016 at 15:43.

8bitsofhero

Traveler

October 5th, 2016, 04:28
You know what I'd like? A decent AAA RPG without all that.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

October 7th, 2016, 03:53
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
You know what I'd like? A decent AAA RPG without all that.
You know what I'd like? D-bag off-topic posters to lay off the AAA fan-wanking in the INDIE RPG forum. Don't hate us just because we aren't Square Enix.

8bitsofhero

Traveler

October 7th, 2016, 04:00
Originally Posted by 8bitsofhero View Post
You know what I'd like? D-bag off-topic posters to lay off the AAA fan-wanking in the INDIE RPG forum. Don't hate us just because we aren't Square Enix.
Let me guess you don't get out much, nor have much interaction with humans in general.

"D-bag" the only people that call people that are the ones that are ones or want to be ones. Let me send you some hair gel and white framed sun glasses.
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

+1:

October 7th, 2016, 09:30
Well it was a dick move to start blabbing about AAA games in an indie forum and dumping on his game at the same time.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

October 7th, 2016, 13:33
Mmmm kind of agree.

Gnome De Plume

Traveler

October 7th, 2016, 22:40
Sorry for the outburst there. People are entitled to their opinions to any game. I was pissed because it felt like he was dumping on all indie games and I don't think Indie RPG forum is the place for that.

Oh well. A troll is a troll, I guess.

8bitsofhero

Traveler

October 7th, 2016, 23:41
No need to be sorry. When it comes to opinions… Well, things can sometimes get a bit intensive.

Anyway, will the current demo get updated or it's supposed to be used till the game release?
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

October 8th, 2016, 01:16
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
No need to be sorry. When it comes to opinions… Well, things can sometimes get a bit intensive.

Anyway, will the current demo get updated or it's supposed to be used till the game release?
It will be updated. We are currently working on replacing all the stock art. Also I have been considering changing the battle system considerably. The quests in the demo probably won't change to much but we may release other demos of some other parts of the game later. So, stay tuned.

Also, if you are interested, we are looking for beta testers of the full game.

Generally, the story and the events that occur in it are set and the music is too. Also, we have decided to go with 8 bit art, similar to classic jRPGs like Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.

We are open to suggestion for most other things, like battle mechanics, enemy types and art, etc.

8bitsofhero

Traveler

October 8th, 2016, 10:10
Hm is a game for only adults(over 18) a good idea? I'm sure they are the ones that pay for the games, but are they the ones that play them?

YanBG

Watcher

October 8th, 2016, 11:22
Originally Posted by YanBG View Post
Hm is a game for only adults(over 18) a good idea? I'm sure they are the ones that pay for the games, but are they the ones that play them?
Really? Do you mean that the market would not be big enough? I have hit 60 and I still buy and play games, usually RPGs. I admit I buy the games that my wife plays - she's also an adult.

Of course I could be the only person over 18 who plays games. No wait David, who is in his 30s plays RPGs. Ok three of us.

Minor rant over.

[Have I just fallen in to a trap?]

regards

SleepingDog

Watcher

October 8th, 2016, 15:14
Originally Posted by YanBG View Post
This is actually a really good question. At this point, we don't know exactly who would want to play this game, which is what we are currently trying to figure out. Admittedly, this is not a good way to start a business….

Honestly, we should have done a lot more research before making the game to really have an idea of the answer. But, we are not looking to ma $1B on the game. Really, we made a game that we'd like to play and hope that there are at least a few other crazy people who will also like to play it

Actually, we are a band first and a development studio second. We wrote the music and had been performing it live well before the game ever happened. The game tells the same story as our songs tell, but with a lot more details in between. So, yeah, we might be totally nuts.

8bitsofhero

Traveler

+1:

October 28th, 2016, 12:03
Best of luck to you Sir, I hope to launch an RPG on kick-starter as well, although my focus is on wit more than graphics or music sadly.

I hope we both make it.

Gnome De Plume

Traveler

November 12th, 2016, 20:50
Please go take a look at our demo again. We have changed much of the graphics to be heavily inspired by FF1-III: https://www.victimcache.com/vcrpg/demo/

SPOILER ALERT: If you are interested in seeing what awaits you beyond the demo, tune in to our weekly twitch stream (Wednesdays at 8:30 PM Central) as we play through it and debug it along the way: https://www.twitch.tv/victimcache

8bitsofhero

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Play the demo of our upcoming rated M parody of classic RPGs