Torment: Tides of Numenera - Update #12, Screenshot

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Update 12 features the first (not final version) screenshot of Tides of Numenera. 4 days to go.
My name is Koy vanOteghem, Lead Environment Artist here at inXile. I would like to take this opportunity to discuss a few items as we release our first image for Torment that is pre-production and game art oriented (as opposed to concept art). Ordinarily, we would expect to R&D these types of early-prototype scenes during the standard preproduction phase of the project development cycle. And certainly during our actual preproduction, this pipeline will see many changes and iterations based on evolving needs. But technicalities aside, because of our growing comfort level with the Unity Engine, along with our growing connection to our community of backers and fans, we thought it might be fun and informative to give a sneak peek of some of the ideas we have bouncing around the Art Dept. What we are presenting here, for the sake of conversation, is an example of a 2D pre-rendered environment within The Bloom.
y6svx0S.jpg
More information.

Looks nice, in a dining leftovers sort of way. Not sure what the cables are doing hanging from the lamp posts. One might almost think they're electric cables or gas lines. Maybe "magic power" cables? :)

Beautiful, even reminds me of one of the vista from Arcanum.

Not sure what the cables are doing hanging from the lamp posts. One might almost think they're electric cables or gas lines. Maybe "magic power" cables? :)

Or maybe just lines to hang more lamps on, in case of larger festivities? ;)

We'll see.

It looks excellent :) The 2D approach definitely allows for some great detail.

Looks not generic, which is a good start.

3 days to go and currently the project is on 3.3M. Everything 3.

Next stretch goal is on 3.5M and it brings Avellone to the team. I'm already dancing as I'm pretty sure it will happen.

3 days to go and currently the project is on 3.3M. Everything 3.

Next stretch goal is on 3.5M and it brings Avellone to the team. I'm already dancing as I'm pretty sure it will happen.

Does the required 3.5M include paypal? If so, i think it's pretty much a done deal.

Yes, it has already been met for some time now.

Back
Top Bottom