Original Sin Statue for RPGWatch

i just wonder, in the (likely :p ) case that we win, how does a tower defeat a troll? I mean will we have it manned by guards or what? Will it be manned by the single NPC we get to create? Or will we just have the troll in a cage outside, with a "Do not feed the troll" sign (my vote) :D

I'll just leave this here:

qEwutI3.jpg

Your turn, Watch! :plotting:

I'm not sure anyone here cares enough to counterpost, pepe. We have full time jobs :)

Your turn, Watch! :plotting:
Sorry to disappoint you. It is your fight not ours. It is also your idea to have a pissing contest not ours. So I don't see why we have to go along with it.
Are you guys that afraid that you are unable to raise sufficient funds on your own that you need this? Or is this just the way the codex works?

I think we were talking about the puerile artwork and the attack posts, not the general idea of which site can donate most. Since the codex has more members, it would only be logical that they would win the contest. Nobody here really cares. If it ends up adding a quest or a few new items, that's good enough.

Just looked and the codex has roughly 11,500 to our 4,500 members. Kinda surprised that they haven't at least doubled us in donations since they're almost 3 times our size ;)

Uncle Jaesun, grown-ups here are mean, can you take me back to play with the kids in the Codex? :'(

Is this a friendly rivalry, or does the Codex simply actively hate Watch's guts?
Yes.

I'm not sure anyone here cares enough to counterpost, pepe. We have full time jobs :)

… and money … ;)
So… you should be able to easily out-donate us. Right? Right?

Are you guys that afraid that you are unable to raise sufficient funds on your own that you need this?
Well, you see, we spent all our money raising over $5,000 for the Torment KickStarter, which came only a few months on the back of the $4,500 we raised for our server, which was on top of the near $10,000 we raised for Project: Eternity, while only raising $1,500 for Dead State, but that was after the over $10,000 we raised for Wasteland 2.

… so we needed a little more incentive this time around.

Yes.

So… you should be able to easily out-donate us. Right? Right?

Well, you see, we spent all our money raising over $5,000 for the Torment KickStarter, which came only a few months on the back of the $4,500 we raised for our server, which was on top of the near $10,000 we raised for Project: Eternity, while only raising $1,500 for Dead State, but that was after the over $10,000 we raised for Wasteland 2.

… so we needed a little more incentive this time around.

So after all that, how many of you are having to learn how to subsist on raman noodles and onion grass?

Also I think you guys might end up being visibly referenced in enough games that people might start mistakenly adding you to the list of fantasy gaming tropes at tvtropes.org and making wild guesses at what it all means.

It's called mutual cooperation for which both communities benefit. That was the intention.

Not a bad intention, Jaesun, but I just can't see any Watch/Codex collaboration working. Personally, I would have no problem with the Codex, if they would get rid of the fucking Nazi avatars, Kodex Kool Kredits (KKK), Race Traitor honorifics, and other such horseshit. I certainly have no problem with witty banter and ribbing, but the lowest-common-denominator attempts at humor just don't do it for me. The Watch has its fair share of dicks, but the dick-to-ok ratio on the Watch is far more palatable to me.

Oh well, your mileage may vary…

The Watch has its fair share of dicks, but the dick-to-ok ratio on the Watch is far more palatable to me.

Oh well, your mileage may vary…

Yeah! We have a higher ratio of palatable dicks! Wait...

I don't get it. What's wrong with a bit of light hearted rivalry between communities, especially if it results in more money for Larian? You guys should get off your high horse and donate a bit instead of brooding like sock puppets.

Fuck light-hearted rivalry, the assholes here at Watchwitz make me sick; just glancing over this thread you can literally feel the passive aggression coating every word like a sticky, cheap frosting like you might find in a container of Pilsbury cinnamon rolls.

Just because you pretend to be nice about being assholes doesn't make you any better.

I agree that some replies here have been lacking in the humor department or simply in self confidence. Seems some people take this rivalry more serious than I do. But then, comments like your, Jasede are exactly the reason why that is so.

It's fine to dislike us or something- but there's no reason to be so gosh-darn passive-aggressive and self-righteous about it, as if they were one iota better.

Back
Top Bottom