Quantcast
Age of Decadence - Interview @ ePressDeck - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - Interview @ ePressDeck

Default Age of Decadence - Interview @ ePressDeck

May 21st, 2013, 18:43
An interview about Age of Decadence with Iron Tower's Vince D. Weller can be found at ePressDeck, which answers amongst others the question what a CRPG is.
EPressDesk: On your website your game, Age of Decadence, is described as a CRPG style game. Can you tell me a little bit about what that means and what sort of games you can compare it to?
Iron Tower: The way I see it, role-playing games are about using your characterís skills, abilities, and knowledge (as opposed to your own) and being able to make decisions fitting your character (as opposed to following a linear storyline with little or no input).
Basically, a true role-playing game is *your* adventure set within a flexible story arc that supports different decisions and offers different paths and outcomes. You decide what to do and how to do it, and your actions affect the story and alter your options, creating a different experience with each replay.
I donít think I can compare it to anything because itís sort of a Ďone of a kindí game now. Iím not sure if itís good Ė in fact, I suspect that itís not Ė but whatís done is done. So, if you feel like playing something different tonight, download the demo (283 MB) and see for yourself.
More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. Winston Churchill
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 6,801

Default 

May 21st, 2013, 18:43
I disagree* with Vince's definition of CRPG. Discuss.

*not really
screeg is offline

screeg

screeg's Avatar
floating head

#2

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 1,216

Default 

May 21st, 2013, 19:27
Iím not sure if itís good Ė in fact, I suspect that itís not Ė but whatís done is done.

Great marketing.

As for another discussion on what is RPG, I have enough of a big headache from the post above this one. Too subjective and not even useful. You got my vote Dart.
redman5427 is offline

redman5427

redman5427's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#3

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: its kinda frozen
Posts: 1,157

Default 

May 21st, 2013, 19:45
Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
Great marketing.

As for another discussion on what is RPG, I have enough of a big headache from the post above this one. Too subjective and not even useful. You got my vote Dart.
It'll earn him more players to seem honest (even if he's not being honest) than just saying "this gmae is teh coolzorz", because most people look at screenshots of games to see if they are worth buying or not. So, figures.
Morbus is offline

Morbus

Morbus's Avatar
Colonel RPG

#4

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 202

Default 

May 21st, 2013, 21:34
It looks quite brown, so definitely scores as a western RPG on that point.
Roq is offline

Roq

Seeker
Original Sin Donor

#5

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somerset/London UK
Posts: 1,395

Default 

May 21st, 2013, 21:43
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
I disagree* with Vince's definition of CRPG. Discuss.

*not really
OMG - not again!

DArtagnan

Guest

#6

Posts: n/a

Default 

May 21st, 2013, 22:08
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
OMG - not again!
Well I agree to disagree on his definition. Lets make this like the other topic on the much debated "What is an RPG" again.
--
Check my Google+ page for more news as I update everyday.

"All my flamers & detractors can kiss my behind."
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Retired News-Editor

#7

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 15,092

Default 

May 21st, 2013, 22:17
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Well I agree to disagree on his definition. Lets make this like the other topic on the much debated "What is an RPG" again.
Yes, the last one was most entertaining

DArtagnan

Guest

#8

Posts: n/a

Default 

May 21st, 2013, 23:07
I donít think I can compare it to anything because itís sort of a Ďone of a kindí game now. Iím not sure if itís good Ė in fact, I suspect that itís not Ė but whatís done is done.

Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
Great marketing.

I read that more as "its a bad thing in today's market to be a one of a kind game" as opposed to "the game itself sucks"
xenocide is offline

xenocide

xenocide's Avatar
Watchdog
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#9

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 126

Default 

May 21st, 2013, 23:50
Fucking hell. The definition of "RPG" has changed at least 12 times since he started work on this game. He needs to shut up about what an RPG is and get back to work.
CraigCWB is offline

CraigCWB

Sentinel

#10

Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 515

Default 

May 22nd, 2013, 07:18
This game is the embodiment of RPG for me. I hate them for not going kickstarter and making a trend, but perhaps it will happen.
borcanu is offline

borcanu

borcanu's Avatar
muist

#11

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ro
Posts: 914
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - Interview @ ePressDeck
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:14.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch