Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes - Review Roundup #2

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It's time for round #2 for reviews for Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes.

411mania- 8/10

Overall, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is an enjoyable game that doesn’t quite have the right mixture for what it’s trying to accomplish. It is fun, but things in the game aren’t put into detail, so you don’t know why you’re doing them. It is rough around the edges somewhat, but is still worth a look, if you’re a fan of the 4X genre. Especially since the Civilization 5 expansion (Gods and Kings) kind of stunk.
ztgd- 8.7/10

Fans of 4X games and RPGs should really look into Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. The amount of customization and the way city building and character progress is handled left me coming back for just one more turn. There are a few missteps here and there, but nothing game breaking at all. There may be a few times you will get dealt a bad hand in the random generated world, but you will be having so much fun taking on quests and building your starting city that you won’t mind too much. For $40, you get one rather addicting fantasy game with Legendary Heroes and I can’t suggest it enough.
thecontrolleronline- 7.5/10

Legendary Heroes also doesn’t perform very well at times, hanging between turns for just long enough to bother you. This is especially evident in larger maps, like that of the Scenario mode which features many more factions than a standard game.

In case you’re wondering, I am playing on a modern system that didn’t have any trouble running Metro: Last Light. I’ve also encountered some strange behavior from enemy units, that had them getting stuck on the map, only allowing me to attack them with one unit at a time, even when I had my whole army selected. Bigger, unfortunately, isn’t always better.

You won’t just be trying to conquer your enemies in each game, but you’ll also be taking part in a lot of random events. Quests often pop up when you enter certain areas and these can take you into special dungeons or send you off to find other items, across the map. If you like a good, long, deep strategy game you’l probably like Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes.
gameranx- 9/10

It's been a long road, getting from there to here, but Fallen Enchantress: Legendary has finally delivered on the promise Stardock wanted to make with
Elemental: War of Magic
. It's an engaging game with a great deal of customization, replayability through an altering world filled with secrets, and a tactical battle system that finally feels tactical.

For fans of the genre, and for those with fond memories of Masters of Magic and Age of Wonders, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is a fun, easy way to lose countless hours. All it takes is just one more turn.
More information.

Last edited:
Bought this one a long time ago and never really gave it a chance. From what I heard, it wasn't really worth it. Wasn't one of the first adopters, so I got this for $20. Finally played a bit last night and today, and I think it's got hold of me. Can't wait to be done with work tonight, so I can give it another spin.

Played it about an hour the other day. Feels better than both FE and WoM this far. The tactical battles feel a lot better straight away due to more active abilities and the Swarm mechanic (bonus damage and accuracy when more enemy units adjacent to the one being attacked, kinda like flanking). Will have to see how it feels after a while.

Was a first adopter so got for free. That was surprise since I thought they really did could have stopped with FE but I respect them for it. This is definitely a better version from the limited time I have had with it (mostly a couple hours this morning). Since I have really not followed the changes am curious how things have changed in the later part of the game.

Wow, this game is absolutely great thus far. Was gonna play the game for a short while and kept going several hours without noticing. It was a long time since that happened to me.

The only thing I dislike is that the human models are too similar, so I can't tell if an army is powerful easily enough and the power rating isn't very exact.

I love the tech tree, since everything feels like a new, exciting and useful discovery, but that might just be the novelty of the first play talking.

The level up trait selection is quite good. Feels like there is always a few interesting choices and both passive and active traits to choose between.

I don't know what they did, but FE felt quite bland to me and this is the opposite.

I have been having a blast with it as well....I haven't decided if having your heroes all in one party is the best strategy, or splitting them up with units.

Back
Top Bottom