Legends of Dawn - Patch Version 1.06

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Legends of Dawn has been patched to version 1.06, which includes both bug fixes as well as new additions. Here is an overview:

- fixed faith regeneration bug
- German language added
- added fast traveling, Scroll of Korden's Fall, Scroll of Recea and Scroll of Koshk items
- escape key now deactivates main windows before activating options panel
- min experience for killed monster is now never zero, no matter what the difference between player's and monster's level of experience is
- fixed sort runestones bug
- item sorting by bags, not by entire inventory
- added 'sort all' button to inventory that sorts items in all bags
- max weight player can carry increased
- reduced player slowdowns due to encumbrance
- black sky in the distance colored into current fog color
- fixed 1/2-handed swords/axes/maces skills notification in info window
- bows effective only for distances longer than 5 m (to balance melee/ranged weapons)
- added temporary workaround for mouse cursor
More details can be found on their Kickstarter page.

More information.

The faith regeneration bug was a biggie, and might compel me to fire this up again. The increased carry weight and reduced movement penalty should also help quite a bit with the fun factor.

I'm getting mighty close to firing this up as well. I'm gonna give it another fortnight before I give it a whirl :)

It's getting fun now. Most of the bugs are fixed, though crafting is still intermittent. They've added a little bit of fast travel, but they are going to tweak this some more. I would finally suggest this game is playable enough to plop down the money for it. I'd say there will still be a couple patches that will improve things that are still in the pipelines.

Patch 1.07 released - with included special thanks to, believe it or not, crpgnut!
Ty crpgnut!

patch 1.07:
===========
- teleport stones added
- crafting panel drag'n'drop fixed
- creature levels fixes
- added small experience gained when fighting creatures 8+ lvl while 5+ levels above them
- tweaked merchant item levels
- crafting bug fixed - memory consumption is now slightly lower
- changed/fixed third tutorial quest
- german language fixes
- croatian language bug fixed
- camera fov slightly increased
- grass rendering optimized
- dual wield combat sounds added

We have tweaked creature levels in one of the dungeons. Those were made to reflect slight changes from previous patch. Now players can advance (although very slowly) over max level since killing lvl 8+ creatures will increase player's experience and thus level.

We have also slightly tweaked item levels in merchant shops. Merchants now sell items of various levels. Also scroll of Recea, Scroll of Koshk and Scroll of Korden's Fall are all available in shops.

We have fixed crafting bug that manifested when crafting items while magical item is in first slot in inventory. Bug itself was very easy to fix but very hard to figure out (thanks crpgnut :).

Third tutorial quest (one with spider) used to require that player kills spider after (s)he starts the quest. ow it is possible to kill spider before quest starts.

We have implemented one teleport location per region. Using those players are able to fast-travel to regions previously visited.

Crafting panel had problem with drag'n'drop operation, one of the parameters in the panel was wrong and that could cause problems when dragging panel too much. This problem is now fixed.

We have also made various memory optimizations, both on CPU and GPU. Various language problem are also fixed. Mostly in german language (thanks to Alex). Croatian language had bug which was caused by conversion of text from excel to txt format that caused crash when displaying experience in console window. This is fixed. Camera FOV is now slightly larger. Grass rendering is slightly optimized. It turns out that grass required unproportional amount of resources. This should work better now. Final dungeon (which only had entrance) now has exit. We intentionally prevented players from exiting the dungeon, but scrolls of teleportation made that limitation void. Players can now enter and exit that dungeon as they please. Dual wield combat are sound added.

Back
Top Bottom