Grim Dawn - Grim Misadventure #42

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The 42nd installment of the Grim Misadventures talks about character sheets with lots of images of.... character sheets.

Greetings! You may not know me, but I have been working in secret to bring exciting new features to Grim Dawn. At last, the time has come for me to leave my programming pit and reveal to you our Character Sheet overhaul!

Not only did we update the look and feel, but the number crunchers out there will find a wealth of new information at their fingertips.
attachment.php

More information.

I guess this thing is out in some form somewhere, but it seems like Grim Dawn has been talked about as long as Grimoire at this point. I thought these guys were pros who would develop a game in a decent timeframe; especially considering they re-used an existing engine.

Very small team; it is on early access @ steam and what they have is quite good. Also the game is much larger than they originally intended (3x?) as well as adding more features then originally intended. My guess (without visiting their forum or inside information) as long as they have cash (early sales/kickstart/early access) they intend to enhance the game. Last but least not nearly as vapor nor as long as Grimoire; I personally find it kind of insulting to compare it to Grimoire esp as the current content is quite playable and quite enjoyable. Like D:OS they took the route taht after a reasonable period of time they lowered the entry point for early access (for example I had paid upfront on their webiste (before kickstart) but did not buy beta; but now that more than a year has passed they have given all people access.

I still haven't tried it, it's sitting there in my Steam app look back at me...along with a bunch of other games.

How does this game compare to say Path of Exile, if anyone has played both? I've just recently started playing PoE and its quite good for a arpg, I was pleasantly surprised considering its ftp and I really hate that sort of scheme personally.

How does this game compare to say Path of Exile, if anyone has played both? I've just recently started playing PoE and its quite good for a arpg, I was pleasantly surprised considering its ftp and I really hate that sort of scheme personally.

I played both. I liked both. But the gameplay of GD is superior. It's feels... satisfying.
PoE hes some innovative features, such as the skill map, the no-money trade, the rune based special attacks, etc.
GD is more traditional, but as Titan's Quest, has that unique "dual class" option.

I've played both games as well. While PoE offers greater flexibility, GD is just so much more satisfying to play.

Fantastic gameplay with a wonderful sound track.

Back
Top Bottom