Eador - Steam Sale & New DLC

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Stean is selling Eador: Masters of the Broken World for 75% off.

Eador is a universe made of countless shards of land drifting in the Great Nothing. Each of the shards is a little world unto itself, with geography and denizens of its own. The power over the shards is bitterly contested by Masters, the immortal beings mortals believe to be gods. Take the role of the mighty Master and shape the destiny of Eador! It is in your power to deliver the world from ultimate destruction – or to choke it with an iron fist of tyranny.
If you're interested the developer also released a new free content update.

Our studio will never forget the release of Eador. It was a complete chaotic mess in the best of Russian traditions.

Emergency patching helped the game to stay alive but it wasn't us who truly saved Eador. First and foremost the game survived thanks to the players, their patience, critique and understanding of the situation.

This is why we decided to celebrate the one year anniversary of Eador. MotBW with a free content update humbly named 'Sacred Gift'
More information.

If you ask me it's worth a hell of a lot more. This is the game I will remember from 2013, played it ALOT. It was fun even when released but buggy as hell, but the only major downside after a couple of patches was long loading times between turns. I don't know if those have gotten better now though. I higly recommend this if you're a fan of games like HOMM.

The new content makes me consider going back, but last time it took me over 200 hours before I was able to put the game aside...

Only played it for 21 hours and only the first couple of levels. My biggest problems with this game were that the difficulty curve was harsh and inverted within each scenario. Meaning that the beginning is extremely hard and after you made it, you just steamroll the rest of the map - but this "wipe-up" takes several hours anyways.

However for just 5$ you shoud buy and check it out anyways. Worth this money for sure.

I didn't notice tons of problems when I played, and they've patched it a lot since release.

As Kordanor pointed out, it does have a bit of an odd difficulty curve. It also gets a bit repetitive after awhile, but for $5 I'd still say jump all over it.

When it first came out I would have recommended you stay away for awhile, but awhile has passed and I think all of the game breaking problems have been ironed out. I had a lot of fun with it when it was first released as Eador Genesis, although all of what Kordanor says is very true. The early game is very fun, but the end game can bog down to a level of tedious repetition that is way beyond any other 4X. Most of the early campaign maps are small enough to avoid this pitfall, and that is where the most fun lies. It's easily worth the money just for this.

Only played it for 21 hours and only the first couple of levels. My biggest problems with this game were that the difficulty curve was harsh and inverted within each scenario. Meaning that the beginning is extremely hard and after you made it, you just steamroll the rest of the map - but this "wipe-up" takes several hours anyways.

However for just 5$ you shoud buy and check it out anyways. Worth this money for sure.

Yeah, this is one of the few games were I actually had to put down the difficulty to the easiest level at first to get the hang of everything. I'm actually really glad you're able to steamroll once you've "made it" though, if you want to you're able to finish most shards pretty quickly once you get the upper hand. One only has to realize that conquering every province and exploring to 100% is totally unnecessary and only drags the game out forever. It's much more fun to just go for the next shard as soon as possible.

I have a buddy that loves this game, other than old HoMM I don't really go for the real time strat games, but he raves bout it. So it must be decent.

I have a buddy that loves this game, other than old HoMM I don't really go for the real time strat games, but he raves bout it. So it must be decent.

Neither this nor HoMM are real time…I can't stand those most of the time. In RPG's I'm ok with real time, but my strategy fix is always turn based, the only exception being Total War, and then only because the campaign map is turn based. I'm planning on giving Dragon Commander a shot pretty soon though, but I reckon I will only really enjoy the part between the battles...

It's solid as long as you don't mind a very slow pace and lots of grinding. I couldn't really get into it, but I might give it another try someday.

I still had game stopping bugs even after all the patching. Most frustrating was the fact that those problems tend to occur when you are on the roll.

Looks good, I've picked up and will play it at some point. :)

Daniel.

Totally recommended, one of my favorite turn based tactical/strategy games

Back
Top Bottom