DA:I - The Multiplayer Has Potential

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Robert Purchese of Eurogamer posted a new article for Dragon Age: Inquisition, and talks about how the games multiplayer has potential. Here is some of his reasoning why.

This is a first draft of cooperative multiplayer Dragon Age, and it feels like it. As revisions are made and the team tunes the formula in concert with the community, the combat and encounters could easily improve and provide the verve they're currently lacking. Underneath, the foundations and potential are there.
More information.

If multiplayer had potential, I'm 100% sure EA would make SW:TOR, errrr, DA:TOR… um… Well… Whatever separate game.
Since there is no potential for the milk(them)shake(wallets), instead of scrapping the code they'll add it as a "bonus feature" to DA:I.

Someone should remind the author of the Eurogamer article that Sims 4 were supposed to be MMO, EA saw no potential, the code wasn't scrapped but was just transformed into a singleplayer game.

Or even better. How about pointing that author on numerous reminders all over internet on SimCity debacle. Something tells me he saw the potential in that abomination too.

The only way to handle cooperative multiplayer in a game like this is to allow cooperative play through the main campaign.

Everything else is stupid.

Nowadays : "The Multiplayer Has Potential"

Future : "The Soloplayer Has Potential"

The only way to handle cooperative multiplayer in a game like this is to allow cooperative play through the main campaign.

Everything else is stupid.

I agree. Dragon Age is the kind of story based RPG that could be fun to share with people. However, the focus on characters and story means it just doesn't work without those aspects.

I agree. Dragon Age is the kind of story based RPG that could be fun to share with people. However, the focus on characters and story means it just doesn't work without those aspects.

It wouldn't be any different from the BG games, where real players could replace the party members with their own creations. Just leave it up to the players if they want to play with NPCs or not.

I usually enjoy games like this primarily in singleplayer - and I'd experience the story and the NPCs in peace either before or after completing it in multiplayer.

But cooperative multiplayer would be a huge boon for me, and it would mean a strong incentive to play it more than once.

Back
Top Bottom