Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I found some more news this week for Dragon Age: Inquisition. So to get started here is a new preview from EGMR about the game being better than Destiny.

Dragon Age: Inquisition could well be BioWare’s apology letter for the failings of Dragon Age II and even Mass Effect 3; it looks like a strong and solid offering thus far and is honestly the only (read: the only) game that I’ve looked forward to this year. The only one. That might be because I’m a fan of BioWare games but surely there’s reason for that given how much I get accused of being tough on everything else… right? Maybe they’re a great series of games or something? Time will tell and very soon we’ll see if Inquisition stands up to the test.
Next GameranX has a new character creation miniguide from Bioware.

Bioware has shared a new Dragon Age 3: Inquisition character creation chart. It describes what you get from choosing a particular race and class.
And if you live in the US the ESRB has rated the game M-rated.

Rating Summary: This is a role-playing game in which players assume the role of a warrior battling evil forces in different dimensions. Characters use swords, axes, hammers, and magic attacks to kill fantastical creatures (e.g., demons, monsters, dwarfs) and humans in melee-style combat. Cutscenes sometimes depict characters impaled or getting their throats slit. Violent sequences are often highlighted by cries of pain, gurgling/gushing sounds, and large blood-splatter effects; blood remains on the ground in several environments. The game includes some sexual material: a female character briefly depicted in front of a man's torso (fellatio is implied); characters depicted topless or with exposed buttocks while lying in bed or after sex; some dialogue referencing sex/sexuality (e.g., “'I will bring myself sexual pleasure later, while thinking about this with great respect'” and “The way your t*ts bounce when I pin your arms and take you on the side of the bed…”). The words “f**k,” “sh*t,” and “a*shole” appear in dialogue.
More information.

I hope all of the big kid language is there in the proper context and not just thrown in because the writers couldn't express themselves more effectively. I am not even going to look twice at the game if I hear that the writing is not at least as good as that in Origins, which goes the same for the tactical combat.

@rjshae: im(M)ature content?

I hope the game will be decent - been replaying DA2…I'd forgotten how I disliked it. Every combat (almost) has waves - how's that for diversity and mixing things up? Parachuting in etc etc - please, none of that crap in DA:I. I also think the combat is too fast paced - so you have to rely on the AI to manage your party, otherwise you'll be pressing space every second. Even then, the default AI is often pretty dumb in even slightly challenging encounters. In BG etc even with a party, I could issue commands and they took some time to come into effect - I didn't need party AI. It seems games can't be 'cool' these days unless everything happens at lightning speed, with many impressive combat animations. I enjoyed Drakensang combat tremendously because while it was RTwP, things did not happen overly quickly, and you could queue commands.

Have they said whether this will cap off the "series" like ME3 did?

Dragon Age is not a trilogy, so no.

As for people complaining about the Mature content rating, ESRB decide of the label for the content not BioWare.

So no plans to move into the Penguin Age, or anything for game 4… Copy. ;)

They had a 4-5 game storyline plan since mid-DAO production so no switching Age until they are done with it...and technically DAI is game #2.

and technically DAI is game #2.
I agree as Dragon Age 2 felt like a side story setting the stage for the sequel. I wonder what direction Bioware will do next since the Dragons look like they come back in DA:I.

If I'm not mistaken one of them even calls himself a god in the game.:thinking:

Back
Top Bottom