GOG - Tales of Maj'Eyal & Expansion

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
GOG annnouced they now offer Tales of Maj'Eyal, and its expansion Ashes of Urh'Rok. The game is also available on Steam so now is your chance to get them DRM-free.
Child of ToME, grandchild of Angband.Tales of Maj'Eyal, an unbelievably rich and extensive descendant of the classic Angband and ToME roguelike role-playing games is available 50% off for on GOG.com. Make sure to get it together with its new, content-packed Ashes of Urh'Rok expansion, for only $7.48 total during the first 3 days!
More information.

Wait. Isn't this game free? From the website: "Tales of Maj’Eyal (ToME) is a free, open source roguelike RPG, featuring tactical turn-based combat and advanced character building."

How is GOG selling this?

Steam is also selling it for $6 so it's not free.

Link - http://store.steampowered.com/app/259680/

Update: Seems you have to pay to unlock some of the game features.
Buyers will get all the extra features that normal donators get. You can test the game out for free on te4.org.

The base game is free, but there is one or two things you can purchase...one is just a new User Interface (very cheap but they used it to test the process I think) and the other is a recently release expansion.

You can also donate to have your game officially "registered" which if I remember well unlocks a class or two.

I probably should not even post without researching what I *think* I remember, but I think you get access to the global chat feature. If you pay. I know I donated and used to play this, and I enjoyed the chat in the background. Single player *not so lonely*

Back
Top Bottom