Age of Decadence - Ganezzar Beta Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Vince posted a new update on the games Steam website with information the promised Ganezzar Beta has been released, and gives an update on the game.

The beta of the third ‘chapter’ is now available to anyone who has the game in their Steam library. To access the beta build, right click on the game in your Steam library, select Properties, click on Betas tab. If it’s set on “None - Opt out of all beta programs”, change it to Test – Private Testing Branch.

Enter the Access Code (‘blacksheepwall’), click on Check Code, and wait for Steam to download the files.

About this beta. It’s a 'work in progress' build with many rough edges. It's in the same state Teron and Maadoran were when we released them to the testers, so for us it's business as usual (except for releasing it to all Early Access’ patrons rather than to the closed beta testers). For people who just want to play the next chapter expecting a few odd bugs here and there, it might be not what they expected.

To remind you, we put the very first playable build on Dec 24. We spent the next 3 weeks improving it, testing, moving things around, tweaking, etc, so the chapter is in a much better shape, but at this stage it’s still about functionality rather than form.

It would take us at least 4-5 weeks to bring it to an ‘enjoyable’ level and another 2-3 weeks to get it to the same state as Teron and Maadoran.
More information.

So the game may actually be released in 6-8 weeks?

So the game may actually be released in 6-8 weeks?

It's more likely to be another 2 or 3 months in my opinion as it usually takes longer than they expect.

I don't mind though. I just hope they release the game in a finished and playable state.

I recommend the game as is even to try out all the different paths within the first city.

Don't expect an easy game though.

Pretty sure i predicted 2016 two years ago, going to move that up to 2018 shortly.

:lol:

2-3 months is a good guess. It will take a month to have the city up and running like the rest, then we'll add the endgame content, and finally we'll take a couple of months to polish the hell out of the game.

I don't understand why they're releasing so many beta versions au compte-goutte. Sure Vince is admirable in his endless polishing of the game, but why not leave these areas as mysteries to uncover. If they're exposed too much they're kind of going to get spoiled.

I don't understand why they're releasing so many beta versions au compte-goutte. Sure Vince is admirable in his endless polishing of the game, but why not leave these areas as mysteries to uncover. If they're exposed too much they're kind of going to get spoiled.
This is a weird reversal of the usual complaint that companies release beta versions as final products. If you play a beta version, you know that you are bug testing. If you don't want to spoil the game for you, don't take part in a beta.

@HHR

That's how I understand the term 'early access'. Can't promise it to people, take their money, then give them access only to an extended demo.

Besides, we're getting pretty good suggestions and feedback, so it seems like a good way to make games. I feel that showing everything you have (to get feedback and criticism) is better than sitting on it as far as quality is concerned.

I understand the fans who made the project possible in the first place come first.

I think it probably comes at a price of cheapening the mystique to a certain extent. I think a game like Fallout made a huge impact in people's minds because people went in not having a clue what to expect.

Anyway that's why I don't play them and usually try to avoid news stories about it.

Back
Top Bottom