Underworld Ascendant - Humble Beginnings - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Underworld Ascendant - Humble Beginnings

Default Underworld Ascendant - Humble Beginnings

March 4th, 2015, 05:22
OtherSide Entertainment posted one more kickstarter update this week for Underworld Ascendant. The update talks about the games humble beginnings.

loading…
As we head into the final days of the Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter campaign, a few of us were reminiscing about what it was like when we first got OtherSide underway, a little over a half year ago. The studio began with little tangible; no office, no desks, no computers. But we had our skills and experience, and passion and perseverance, to chase our vision. We didn't know for certain what lay in store for us in the months ahead, but we knew it would be an adventure.
More information.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)

March 4th, 2015, 05:22
Funding is picking up nicely during the final rush. It looks like the Lizardmen is do-able at this point.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

March 4th, 2015, 05:46
Well another update was released right after I posted this news-bit.

Tracy Hickman Novel Unlocked!
Tracy's book, telling the tale of how the Dark Elves arrived in the Abyss, will not only help in establishing the backstory to Underworld Ascendant, but will also provide readers with important clues as to the workings of this enigmatic faction.

Available in digital or physical formats as an Add-On, this is a must read for all fans of Underworld Ascendant!

If you go to the Add-On section of our Kickstarter page you can see the books. To choose one, go to the MANAGE your pledge button, at the top of the Kickstarter page (while you are logged in.) Then add the cost of the item (plus $15 shipping if you choose the hardcover and live outside of the US) to your pledge. At the end of the campaign you will get a survey to fill out and can allocate these additional funds for the items selected.

The next stretch goal, at $750,000, is to unlock the Lizardman. The Lizardmen are fierce hunters who worship the Underswamp and its wild magics. The crafty Lizardmen prefer luring their prey into traps to immobilize their future dinner. What better creatures to guard the secrets of the Underswamp?

We've already funded their home with our first stretch goal, the Underswamp. So now let’s get them to settle in. Besides, they’re the only intelligent creatures that would actually like to live there.
I also published our new Q&A wit the developer on the front-page.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/articles/und…nt-qa-298.html
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
+1:

March 5th, 2015, 03:10
And they've crossed the $750k line with a day and a half to go. Lizardmen should be in, then. Wonder if they've got enough steam to hit $800k?

khaight

Sentinel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

March 5th, 2015, 03:33
'This is why I didn't back this game after really wanting to….

"CouchPotato: Richard Garriott stated on the Shroud of the Avatar website that he will be helping you with the story & Lore, and I was wondering if you could talk more about how this will work?

Tim Stellmach: Richard’s team is co-developing back story with us. "

I want nothing to do with him any more !! I will just have to get over my childhood.

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

March 5th, 2015, 03:42
As for the for the comments from rune that are sure to follow. I know I haven't played the game, I don't know how great Shrouds is blah blah blah….

If there is a second round of funding and it looks like it will be a single player game with out housing projects I mean caves I will.

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

March 5th, 2015, 04:30
Meh. What's with the Richard Garriott hate and why does it matter in the slightest whether he is involved? Just as long as we get a decent game.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Underworld Ascendant - Humble Beginnings