Legends of Dawn - Patch 1.50 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well a litle late on my end but Aurofinity & Dreamatrix latest update for Legends of Dawn announces that patch 1.50 is now available for automatic download on Steam.

We've made another patch that implements French and Italian languages, as well as better camera view distance.

LANGUAGES

Our friends translated Legends of Dawn to the following languages:

French:

- Alexandre Mangin and his team.
- Equipe RPG France
- Chef du projet, traducteur et correcteur-relecteur final : Alexandre Mangin
- (All_zebest)
- Traducteur principal et support technique : targus
- Traducteur : wacas
- Conseiller linguistique et lexicographe : To_an
- Correcteur-relecteur : Geralt

CAMERA VIEW DISTANCE

Some of you have requested moving camera higher up. In this update we have changed maximum camera height so you can see larger area around the player. There are some technical limitations that we'd like to explain so that you understand how camera position affects world rendering.
Note: The developer mentions the patch might cause some problems.

More information.

this still runs like total shit even after their x64 release, not even 1 fps more, shadows on all things just kill the game

That was my experience as well. In town without FoV change the performance is still bad.

this still runs like total shit even after their x64 release, not even 1 fps more, shadows on all things just kill the game

That's totally of their programmer's fault. Probably they employ someone, who barely manages to scrape his / her code together. Our AI programmer was the same. "PhD", but he did such an awful job, because of his laggy AI our game ran in slow motion, people started to refer to the demo as: "madhouse"

Having zero troubles with FPS and don't notice any lag. I don't think my computer is a beast, so it might be some type of graphical setting that needs to be tweaked.

I was a bit puzzled by the claims of a 64-bit build fixing the "memory problems". They say that these were caused by the "2gb limit of 32-bit applications".

There is no 2gb limit on 32bit applications - it's 4gb. I would be truly amazed if the game requires over 4gb of RAM to run, and so would all the people who purchased it on Steam, where the recommended system spec is 1gb RAM.

I was a bit puzzled by the claims of a 64-bit build fixing the "memory problems". They say that these were caused by the "2gb limit of 32-bit applications".

There is no 2gb limit on 32bit applications - it's 4gb. I would be truly amazed if the game requires over 4gb of RAM to run, and so would all the people who purchased it on Steam, where the recommended system spec is 1gb RAM.

32bits process are limited to 2gb in Windows even on Windows 64bits unless the application is very large address aware, in this case it is limited to 4gb. Explanation.

32bits process are limited to 2gb in Windows even on Windows 64bits unless the application is very large address aware, in this case it is limited to 4gb. Explanation.

32 bits = 2^32 = 4294967296, or 4 gigabytes.

The 2gb artificial limit in Windows is a quirk of that system, and all that is required to make a 32-bit Windows application use the full 4gb is to compile it with the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag.

Explanation.

Last edited:
Guys, please let me know what your system specs are.
I got a I5 750 2.6Ghz, AMD 5850 OC 1GB , and 8 GB RAM. And a 7200 rpm HDD black edition if that means anything. An old computer now but I did play Crysis 1, Crysis 2 and Witcher 2 on full details with it.

32 bits = 2^32 = 4294967296, or 4 gigabytes.

The 2gb artificial limit in Windows is a quirk of that system, and all that is required to make a 32-bit Windows application use the full 4gb is to compile it with the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag.

Explanation.

That's exactly what I posted dude.

That's exactly what I posted dude.

I thought that maybe you had the wrong idea - I didn't understand why you posted it if you know it is not actually a limit, but just a flag that has to be set correctly on the executable.

But my point is, I very much doubt that the game demands the amount of memory that 64-bit provides, and if does, that's bad news for people who bought it on the understanding that it only needed 1gb. The quote is:

good news is that memory problems are thing of the past now. Game can now utilize all the RAM you have, well over 2GB per process that is the limit of 32-bit processes.

Last edited:
I thought that maybe you had the wrong idea - I didn't understand why you posted it if you know it is not actually a limit, but just a flag that has to be set correctly on the executable.

But my point is, I very much doubt that the game demands the amount of memory that 64-bit provides, and if does, that's bad news for people who bought it on the understanding that it only needed 1gb.

I think you are the one who is misunderstanding how it works. The flag tells the kernel that the application support more than 2gb when it comes to memory addressing. There is plenty of 32bits API and software who do not play nice with > 2gb memory addressing so setting the flag isn't always a solution.

I agree about the 1gb recommended spec thing though.

There is plenty of 32bits API and software who do not play nice with > 2gb memory addressing so setting the flag isn't always a solution.

There may be such cases, but that is down to the peculiarities of specific code - the fact remains that 2gb is not a "limit" that requires a 64-bit solution.

Back
Top Bottom