DA:Inquisition - Keeping Up With the Keep

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
BioWare's latest blog update talks about some new changes to the Dragon Age Keep.

The Dragon Age Keep is all about letting you shape and share your Dragon Age experience the way you see fit, and we have been listening to your feedback on how to make it better. In our latest release, we introduce a number of features that give you more customizability and control over your Dragon Age legacy, including your heroes, world states, and career.
More information.

Can it customize the number of bears?

Should I even play this game?

I love the first one.

Hated the second one and I don't use the word hate often but I hated it.

Sorry ... the hockey game just started.

Last edited:
Errr, you love and hate DA:O at the same time? Oookay...

Yes, you should play Dragon Age Inquisition.
It's a very good game, sadly, Bioware couldn't tame openworld design and outside of the main story you'll see grind and more grind.
So keep your expectations low on the world, but expect a great story, memorable sidekicks, tons of humor and of course Morrigan. :D

Hated the second? For what reasons? Haven't played it myself.

It was boring, a guy had a house that did things that really didn't matter at all in the end.

Everything was copied and pasted, looked like a game my children put together in a rush.

The thing that got me the most was the quest to save his mother. No matter how you did it you couldn't. At this point I lost all interest but to just finish.

Yeah BioWare tried something different, and it didn't work in Dragon Age 2. The short development cycle didn't help much either, but it did get some things right.

As for DA:Inquisition I'll quote a small sample from a new a review.
Dragon Age: Inquisition melds its various systems together to form a cohesive whole where everything you do matters. No feature feels extraneous and the gameplay itself is satisfying. Facing a dragon is a true adrenaline rush and actually defeating one is cause for celebration. The writing is far and away the best of the series, with characters that have unique voices and motivations. Every choice is somewhere in a grey area, with no overwhelming right or wrong answer. However, the game shoots itself in the foot. While it's fantastic that the designers listened to complaints from the previous game, Inquisition is just too large. When you're doing story missions, the game feels streamlined while avoiding linearity. But when you're just out exploring, which makes up the majority of the game, it can get tedious. Dragon Age: Inquisition is still a decent game and worth a playthrough, just make sure that you're ready for a marathon.

I am a big Bioware fanboi but DA2 was mostly mediocre with only flashes of good stuff. DA1 and DA3 are very good in my view.

Back
Top Bottom