Enderal: Shards Of Order - Alpha Impressions @ PC Games

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The German website PC Games has previewed the alpha version of Enderal: Shards of Order. The spoiler-free video looks fantastic. For the text use this Google-translated webpage.

The Enderal team has already invested 24000 working hours in this full Skyrim conversion. The game release is expected in spring 2016.

More information.

There you have your new Elder Scrolls game. I can't wait.

Can anyone confirm if SureAI team will release Enderal's English version in the same day as German's ?

Here's the FAQ. I think they plan to release all 3 localization versions at once:

There are 3 versions being done for Enderal:
  1. Entirely in German with German voice over
  2. Entirely in English with English voice over
  3. Version with English texts and subtitles, but German voice over for the fans of Nehrim's localization

The Enderal team has already invested 24000 working hours in this full Skyrim conversion. The game release is expected in spring 2016.

First thanks for that post, I can see they must have a bunch of work still ahead of them as they were hoping to get it out by the second quarter this year. I check their site weekly for updates as this is the game I have been waiting for.

There is a link in the article at the end of it about donating to them, even though it is free to all I will be paying double what I paid for Skyrim so 150ish seems about right.

From their web site:

06.03.2015 - 18:02

Greetings,

as already mentioned in our last news post (13.05.15), we received a lot of questions regarding whether it was possible to support our current or future projects via other means besides PayPal.

We are happy to announce: From now on it is possible

G2A.com provides a great, comfortable and simple payment system called G2A Pay, which you can now use to choose one of eight additional methods of payment besides PayPal.

These include:

•Paysafecard

•Kreditkarte

•Sofort

•Alipay

•G2A Wallet

•iDeal

•Giropay

•VTC

Edit: Currently G2A Pay is improving their services. This is why they have taken down several payment methods, but they should be back at the end of this weekend. G2A Wallet, Paypal and VTC are still available.

Visit the donation page on this site to donate.

How-to Donate
1. Enter the desired amount and (nick-)name

2. Confirm the donation

3. Choose payment method and enter your payment details - be happy

Your donations ease the development of our projects tremendously.

Thank you for your attention and have a great day!

SureAI

I think we will be getting the Elder Scrolls game we have always wanted. The linking of skills alone in the branch tree is a huge improvement alone in the game.

This is a completely new game built on the Skyrim engine. It has nothing to do with the Skyrim story.

I thought the skills and level design in Nehrim were masterful. I thought the plot and story were horrendous. I really hated the godlike dude that I was railroaded into supporting. I'll need to hear English versions of Shards before I make my decision. If this is basically Nehrim part two, I may not be able to tolerate it.

I thought the skills and level design in Nehrim were masterful. I thought the plot and story were horrendous. I really hated the godlike dude that I was railroaded into supporting. I'll need to hear English versions of Shards before I make my decision. If this is basically Nehrim part two, I may not be able to tolerate it.

I never did play Nehrim so I have no comment on what sort of story line they have done in the past.

But looking at videos like the one posted below, I will be happy just exploring around seeing this beautiful world they seem to have created.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WuuPQe2Ahw

They are excellent at world building, CF. I enjoyed a lot of Nehrim before it got to the story part I couldn't stand. I played several hours of a good stuff before I hit the dull. I'll be loading up Enderal when it comes out. If it is good, I'll send them some moolah via Paypal.

Let me balance out the criticisms of the story a little : I actually enjoyed it a good deal; the writing of Nehrim was much more articulate, philosophical and interesting to read than what was found in vanilla Oblivion. (Although to be honest, that isn't too difficult a feat to achieve!)

They not only excel in world building, but also in dungeon design (the first crawl in Nehrim was fantastic) and in making the skill system much more palatable and conducive to actual role-playing; somewhat reminiscent of the Gothic series.

So to those who haven't yet played Nehrim - it's not too late to give it a go before Enderal season fully arrives. :)

Last edited:

Exactly my thought! :)

Hopefully the devs will put as much attention into the English translation as the German dialogs.

I see these guys as a aspiring star on the commercial game dev horizon if this one goes as good as the first mod of theirs.

I didn't play the first one, but it would be a real shame to hobble excellent design with hamfisted writing. One of the biggest flaws in game writing, IMO, is the tendency to make the plot too grandiose and byzantine.

In a superbly-written game like Last of Us, there is almost nothing to the actual plot - it's even quite predictable. It's all in the characters and their development. I'd love to see an RPG really take its time with character moments like that.

It's all in the characters and their development. I'd love to see an RPG really take its time with character moments like that.

You haven't played Wild Hunt then? I found them quite similar in that regard…very simple main story, but excelling in characterization and portrayal of human relationships. Last of Us is better paced and more focused as result of it's design, but in Witcher I was even more "invested" with choices that affect the outcome.

Last edited:
No, I haven't played yet. I was waiting for the patching to stabilize and the modkit to come into play. I've heard good things about the writing, though.

Looking forward to this one. Skyrim's companions could really make this shine for me, especially with better AI.

Nehrim also featured a bunch of content after the main story ends. And that content is some of the most inventive and unique content I've ever played in an RPG. It's almost like they had a game jam and put in all the cool ideas they were thinking of in that post-game content. Great stuff.

I played a few hundred hours of Nehrim, I loved it! I know the story was not great but the exploration.. static lvl's, combat . And some of the oblivion mods worked with it.
I can;t wait to play Enderal.

I agree with most of what crpgnut said above about the story however this is the second game I am looking forward to playing after Witcher 3 expansions. In fact I am more excited about Enderal than FO4!

Back
Top Bottom