Torment: Tides of Numenera - Release Date

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Torment: Tides of Numenera finally has a release date of February 28th 2017 as confirmed in the latest kickstarter update.

Hello Exiles,

Today's update is a little on the short side, but I think you'll forgive us this time...

We are extremely excited to announce that Torment: Tides of Numenera will be releasing February 28th, 2017! It has been a long journey, and without your help on Kickstarter it would never have happened. We could not be happier to be delivering a successor to the Torment name and legacy, and we look forward to you enjoying it early next year.

When the game releases, those of you who already have your Steam keys redeemed for the beta version of the game will auto-update to the final build, and those of you who are planning to enjoy the game DRM-free from GOG will be able to as soon as that version is ready. We will also make a key exchange option available around that time for those of you who want to deactivate your Steam key and switch to GOG. At that point, most of the remaining digital rewards will also be made available to you.

For those of you with physical goods, we'll be prompting you to confirm your final shipping information in the near future. We do not have an exact shipping timeline for those goods just yet, but Techland is hard at work getting them ready for you as soon as possible. Please be sure to keep us advised of any changes by updating your shipping details on the Torment backer web site!

Rest assured that while we have our release date, that doesn't mean our work is quite done yet. We'll be using our remaining time to polish the game for you up to the last possible moment. And of course, once we get closer to release we'll have more news to share with you as well.

Chris Keenan,
VP of Development
More information.

awesome

and i know they will continue to support it, eventually we'll get a Directors Cut too

Yeah, I got something to look out for before Mass Effect Andromeda get released.

eventually we'll get a Directors Cut too

Which people should probably wait for before playing going by Wasteland 2... ;)

Yeah, I got something to look out for before Mass Effect Andromeda get released.

Which people should probably wait for before playing going by Wasteland 2… ;)

True, but just like with WL2 I can't see myself waiting THAT long. I've waited long enough for this and have high faith that it will be absolutely awesome. On release.

Torment, D:OS2, ME:A, The Guild 3, Expeditions: Vikings... it's going to be a busy springtime. :)

Torment, D:OS2, ME:A, The Guild 3, Expeditions: Vikings… it's going to be a busy springtime. :)

Yeah, this spring is immense. I generally like to take a few days off for the big releases, but that's not going to work when there are several in a few months. Ah well, it's hardly a "problem".

Which people should probably wait for before playing going by Wasteland 2… ;)

Not really

I had a blast with WL2 at launch. Its 10000% better than Pillars or Tyranny even without the DC

Compare this to bethesda rubbish like Skyrim which was literally unplayable at launch and STILL didnt fix shadows or x-flickering. Laughable :)

Not really

I had a blast with WL2 at launch. Its 10000% better than Pillars or Tyranny even without the DC

The California section was unfinished with a bunch of game breaking bug at release.

And I'm happy to learn that you love boring repetitive combat so much...

Yeah, this spring is immense. I generally like to take a few days off for the big releases, but that's not going to work when there are several in a few months. Ah well, it's hardly a "problem".
Not possible for me. I have 3 weeks around new year with no great new games. :( Well... first world problems.

Does anyone know if the Mac version will release simultaneously? I'm away from my PC rig for another half a year…

Is that a thing? I don't remember ever hearing about a simultaneous Mac release for a game...

I'm not certain what the Mac status is. The Kickstarter had Mac and I think Linux but I have no idea about timing on those.

And I'm happy to learn that you love boring repetitive combat so much…

nah you got it all wrong, I generally dislike PoE and Tranny :)

Last edited:
Wl2 is just as guilty as those games, actually more guilty as it is a TB game and much slower.

Wl2 is just as guilty as those games, actually more guilty as it is a TB game and much slower.

It's not the TB aspect for me.

Wasteland 2 at release (I never tried the DC edition) had a serious issue with throwing the same predictable enemy encounters at you: same enemies, same map, same enemy placement, same exact stupid behavior. And it did that every few minutes of map travel until you raised the outdoorsman skill high enough to avoid them.

Back
Top Bottom