Path of Exile - Coming to Xbox One

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Path of Exile will be getting a console release for Xbox One.

We're proud to announce that Path of Exile will be making its console debut on Xbox One later this year! The Xbox One version is also free-to-play and will contain all the content from the PC version, including the upcoming 3.0.0 expansion that includes Act Five. Check out the Xbox One Trailer here!

Xbox One players will play on their own realm, separate to the PC realm. This is due to small gameplay differences between the two versions, such as the number of Flask slots and how some skills are targeted. We intend to follow the same content and league release schedule on both the Xbox One and PC versions of Path of Exile.

We're really excited about this release. It represents over a year of work from a small strike team within our studio - the guys who also created our DirectX 11 version. We'll announce more information over the coming weeks!

More information.

Hah.

Well, didn't see this coming. The cynic in me sees this as the reason they've been pushing optimization so much recently. Good for them I guess. New content will be released in parallel, so I don't think there'll be detrimental effects for the PC?

Regardless, I don't see certain builds being feasible on console due to inevitable lag.

I read an article or two about it and it seems that PC will be the priority.

Back
Top Bottom