Quantcast
ELEX - The Slugbeast and Fueling Stations - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX - The Slugbeast and Fueling Stations

Default ELEX - The Slugbeast and Fueling Stations

March 17th, 2017, 20:05
Farflame spotted that Piranha Bytes tweeted about the Slugbeast and fueling stations in ELEX.

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

March 17th, 2017, 20:05
That skeleton looks more natural than… Erm… certain game characters.

When did they say the game will be released? Q3 or Q4 this year, I forgot.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

March 17th, 2017, 20:27
Looks a bit like Demon lord from previous games. Creature design could be more original.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

March 17th, 2017, 23:37
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
That skeleton looks more natural than… Erm… certain game characters.
Given your recent activity… do you mean characters in Andromeda?

Originally Posted by joxer View Post
When did they say the game will be released? Q3 or Q4 this year, I forgot.
Q3. Probably end of Q3.

Farflame

SasqWatch

+1:

March 18th, 2017, 00:14
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
Looks a bit like Demon lord from previous games.

Creature design could be more original.
Speaking of originality, the overall style is resembling the TV adaptation of Shannara or maybe it's just me (ruined discs, steel reinforcements)

--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

March 18th, 2017, 00:23

--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

March 18th, 2017, 00:54
Originally Posted by luj1 View Post
Speaking of originality, the overall style is resembling the TV adaptation of Shannara or maybe it's just me (ruined discs, steel reinforcements)
Its possible. Developers are inspired by a lot of things. Sometimes they create similar things, sometimes they use ideas from mods, sometimes they copy scenes from movies…

Farflame

SasqWatch

+1:

March 18th, 2017, 03:58
It's not a problem. But for me ELEX is slowly running out of things to offer. After seeing the dated combat I hoped exploration and world-building would be okay. Oh well, at least there will be jet-packs, lol!
--

luj1

SasqWatch

March 18th, 2017, 07:22
Luj1: Whats the problem with jetpack? The concept sounds pretty fun to me. They have been talking about it since day 1, so it won't be some gimmick thing. It could lead to intresting situations. Like exploring ruined buildings with a jetpack etc. Like in risen 1 where you had to use the spell levitate to reach certain areas.

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

March 18th, 2017, 10:27
Yes, I also hope jetpacks will offer new options for exploration, I just fear that now apart from invisible walls we will have invisible ceilings

Amazing concept screenshots. I'm hyped.

Elwro

Filthy Codex Spy

March 18th, 2017, 15:03
Who said jetpacks are a problem? It's the only feature I'm looking forward to, in fact.
--

luj1

SasqWatch

March 18th, 2017, 15:31
Who said jetpacks are a problem?
I've just read in a german forum in a post by a Piranha Bytes employee that you are forced to use the jetpack and the game design assumes that every player will use it.
That's ridiculous. It's like the dragon stuff in Divinity 2, I stopped playing this game because of that.

Kylex

Watcher

+1:

March 18th, 2017, 15:55
Well it better be good then. Because everything else about this game seems underwhelming.
--

luj1

SasqWatch

March 18th, 2017, 16:07
Why would having to use the jetpack be a bad thing? That means they've designed plenty of content around the jetpack. Nothing wrong with that. It's sort of like taking Levitation in Morrowind or Risen one step further. I think in general RPGs benefit and would do well with much more vertical exploration.

Fluent

The Town Jeweler
RPGWatch Team

March 18th, 2017, 16:33
I think in general RPGs benefit and would do well with much more vertical exploration.
You're right in that Fluent. But if you're going to make something a core-feature then I hope it's going to be damn good.
--

luj1

SasqWatch

March 18th, 2017, 16:39
Exploration sells.

Jetpacks? Depends. If used for exploration, will sell. If used for Dark Souls thing, won't sell.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

March 18th, 2017, 21:09
It's not a problem. But for me ELEX is slowly running out of things to offer. After seeing the dated combat I hoped exploration and world-building would be okay. Oh well, at least there will be jet-packs, lol!
Why do you think exploration and world-building won't be ok? On the contrary, I really like what I've seen so far of the world. It seems pretty unique as far as games go.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

March 18th, 2017, 21:13
World building? If they add sims feature of base construction, something like in FO4, I'll travel to Germany and kiss the ground they're standing on!
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

March 18th, 2017, 23:28
The slugbeast does not look sluggish or slimy at all. Weird name.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'

Eye

Eye Watch

March 20th, 2017, 20:27
the jetpack is just a very long jump
dont see any problems to force players to use them to progress in the game
--
i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX - The Slugbeast and Fueling Stations