Torment:ToN - Patch 1.02 Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Torment: Tides of Numenera has its first patch focusing mostly on bug fixes and other improvements. The full patch notes contains some spoilers.

Torment Patch 1.0.2 Release Notes
29 MARCH - SEAR
Hello everyone,

Today we have our first post-release patch for Torment: Tides of Numenera. This update focuses primarily on bug fixes and other tweaks and improvements. Those of you experiencing a number of issues, particularly with combat freezes, should find many of those problems reduced or eliminated entirely.

In a future update, we will be releasing additional game content free for all Torment players: a new companion, Oom, and the Voluminous Codex, an expanded encyclopedia covering game world information, lore, and characters. Design and writing is in progress on those, and we'll have more information to share in the coming weeks.

And now, here's the release notes...

Highlights

• Fixed a large number of freezes that would happen in various states.
  • Numerous performance optimizations.
  • Addendum text should now be appearing on item descriptions. Many dozens of items now have more details depending on your lore skills and other factors!
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing party members from bantering. Party members should now be much more talkative!
  • Updated a number of crisis sequences to rebalance a number of enemies. In some situations, it will make combat proceed more quickly in encounters that were sluggish.
  • Numerous fixes and improvements to movement grid, pathing, and AI. This should prevent issues where the game would hang as combat could get stuck in numerous situations.
  • Several quest and conversation fixes.
  • Inspiring Presence and other looping sound effects have been removed.
[...]
More information.

Finally, now I can continue playing. Got pissed that game froze in almost every crisis I was part off so I put it on pause.

DC will be my cue.

This game along with Mass Effect Andromeda are on my wait 6 months and then play list. Both games shipped with some polish issues, and will likely be enjoyable mid-summer. Anyone else adopting this strat recently?

This game along with Mass Effect Andromeda are on my wait 6 months and then play list. Both games shipped with some polish issues, and will likely be enjoyable mid-summer. Anyone else adopting this strat recently?

I've been trying hard to adopt that strategy for many years. I keep failing :)

As for Andromeda - I don't think the more serious issues can be fixed with patches.

In fact, my own personal experience with the game has been mostly free from conventional bugs and glitches. Certainly, there are no more than what's par for the course in these huge AAA titles. In fact, I'd argue there are less.

However, the serious animation/model issues won't be fixed in a patch. Well, obviously I can't know that for sure - but to really fix them they'd have to recreate a HUGE portion of the most demanding artwork.

"Fixing" that would be pretty unprecedented.

Yep, been using that strat for years now. Usually you have to wait more than 6 months if you want a game to be truly complete though. For AAA games it can be over a year - it was for Witcher 3. Meaning, everything's fixed, everything they're going to add or adjust has been added or adjusted, and all DLC/expansions are out. Can't think of a single game I've played in the last 2-3 years or so where you didn't miss out on a lot if you actually played it on release. It's a truly awful trend. I haven't really had an issue sticking to that strat. Only played games on release twice recently: Divinity: Original Sin (Larian is the best - no way I could wait), Fallout 4 (knew it would suck and so I wouldn't care about updates or DLCs/expansions anyway, and I was right). I assume ME:A will be playable by the end of the year - with the poor reviews it's getting, it won't have DLC/patches dragged out for very long. It's sitting at a 73 on Metacritic right now which I think is a record low for any BioWare game, by a quite large margin at that.

Reviews not that good for this game. Looks like I'll wait about a year till price top and patches are out.

Adopted it and then some quite a while ago. For example in the last 6 months I've finally played some DOS, DAI, and POE and I finished the witcher 2 last week and started the witcher 3 this week.

Only games I play on release are DS and souls like games.

Heh-heh, history repeats itself it seems.
Was an avid Sierra adventure game fanboy back then - bought ALL of their stuff…
… but better had to wait for about two months for the mandatory patches to be released on Compuserve (gasp!) …
… because the patches did fix the game, but invalidated your savegames, so you had to start over! ;)

Now imagine my pain: bought their latest and greatest game, started playing a little, enjoyed immensely, AND FORCED MYSELF TO STOP.

Oh, the horror, the horror! :D

Gave it a quick test run, but it didn't really pull me in. Guess I'll wait until it's all patched up then try again.

Really enjoyed this game a lot and really didn't have any bugs or issues with it except a pop-up window thing which fixed itself on a reload.

Do plan on playing again though but going to wait until all the other stuff is added to give it a slightly fresh feeling.

I don't usually wait to play a game unless I am not really interested in the first place then usually that means I never play. But now and then it happens - like with ME1 and ME2. I never planned on playing but then ME3 came out and I needed something to do - so I got all three and played back to back. That was a lot of fun I admit.

If I do like a game then I don't mind playing when released (unless its clearly obvious that the game is unplayable). Then play a second time much later.

This plan has seldom ever let me down so happy with it. I remember finding bugs in old gold box games, HOMM games, and others. Then having to order a disk to patch. Can't say as I have really noticed more or less bugs on my own personal gaming from the past to now. One or two games stand out with some bugs that were critical. Smaller bugs don't tend to stick in my memory though.

EDIT: Although after reading the patch notes I see I was pretty lucky actually in my game play!

Last edited:
And from that fine list of games which ones did you esp like or dislike ? Btw no wasteland 2 ?

Adopted it and then some quite a while ago. For example in the last 6 months I've finally played some DOS, DAI, and POE and I finished the witcher 2 last week and started the witcher 3 this week.

Only games I play on release are DS and souls like games.

Back
Top Bottom