Aerea - Music Themed ARPG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
In the section of 'Let's try something different' here is AereA, a music themed action RPG, in which the weapons used are (modified) muscial instruments. Apparently, music kills.

Part of the music was made in cooperation with Broforce composer Deon van Heerden.

Today publisher SOEDESCO announced that Broforce composer Deon van Heerden is working on the soundtrack for Action RPG AereA. They also announced a June 30 launch date for the game. AereA will be available on PlayStation® 4, Xbox One and PC both boxed and digitally.

Cooperation with Broforce composer
AereA is a music themed Action RPG in which the player explores Aezir, a floating island that was broken into pieces. To really tap into the music theme of the game, SOEDESCO cooperates with Broforce composer Deon van Heerden for the soundtrack. To add more music to the release, the boxed version of AereA includes the game’s original soundtrack as a special edition.

Four playable characters
To celebrate the cooperation there’s an all-new trailer introducing AereA’s four heroes. Players get to play as Wolff the Harp-Archer, Jacques the Cello-Knight, Jules the Lute-Mage and Claude the Trumpet-Gunner. As disciples of Great Maestro Guido’s it’s their mission to find and return the nine primordial instruments and restore balance and peace in the world. Van Heerden composed a special soundtrack for this trailer.

Features

• Enjoy the beautiful music by Broforce composer Deon van Heerden
  • Lose yourself in the beautifully hand-drawn graphic style in 4K resolution
  • Play as 4 different musical themed characters, each with their own unique set of abilities
  • Fight 9 unique bosses, inspired by a specific musical instruments
  • Explore multiple islands with a wide variety of biomes, enemies and puzzles
  • Switch to local 4-player co-op to form a team with up to 3 friends at any time
More information.

Too bad, it could have been so much more

Is it me or the trailer suggest this is co-op diablo clone in cartoonish style?

Reading further, mentions 4K as a feature. Well I don't need 4K, I need nonrepetitive fun game - this one doesn't look like it.
Im off to repeat a match in League of Legends. On non4K resolution.

Its similar to Torchlight but with music instruments as weapons

IMO very stupid to call it a "music-themed ARPG"

Last edited:
Where's my Lightning Axe Jimi character? :)

That's a cute looking little game. Bit gimmicky perhaps, but kind of like a modern blend of Gauntlet and Torchlight with musical overtones. Could be fun to co-op with a friend.

YUCK! Looks like a generic kid's RPG where they replaced the weapons with musical instruments and called it 'music themed' just so they could try and stand out from the crowd.

A pity, too. An RPG centered around making music would be pretty interesting.

Back
Top Bottom