Quantcast
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Offical Trailer - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Offical Trailer

Default Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Offical Trailer

May 18th, 2017, 20:51
Farflame spotted a new trailer for Middle-earth: Shadow of War:

Shadow of War: "Dominate the Open World"

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 18th, 2017, 20:51
For a Tolkien affictionado this is pretty silly. It looks great again and can be used as a good benchmark for your graphics card. Gameplay seems to be as boring as before. I'm skipping this one.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 18th, 2017, 22:05
I found the first game fun; and while i did just about everything in the campaign; when I finished I was done. Perhaps it is a mistake to make a sequel just because a game is successful. I.e, undecided about this new incarnation.

you

Lazy_dog
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 19th, 2017, 02:58
No one is surprised at how unyielding appetite of console casuals can generate countless sequels with identical, boring gameplay.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

May 19th, 2017, 03:23
Just put this on my forget for ever list.
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

May 19th, 2017, 09:14
Cool!! I can spend $60 again to play the same boring, mediocre game I tried playing before!! So excited!!!

(Sorry if I get anyone wet below me with the dripping sarcasm).

And would someone please make a damn PC game worthy of the Middle Earth world and lore!?

SSIGuy

An Islander Returned

+1:

May 19th, 2017, 17:00
I enjoyed the first game a whole lot, much more than I thought I would when it was first released. I did not consider it much related to Middle Earth, even though it's supposedly set there, but as a game separate from Tolkien it was very enjoyable.

I do not automatically assume that a sequel will just be more of the same. There have been many game sequels which have significantly improved upon the original. I will wait and see how it turns out for this game. Then again, if someone didn't enjoy the first one I don't see why they would have any interest in a sequel.

NFLed

Sentinel

May 19th, 2017, 18:44
Orcs, orcs and then some orcs.
Strange how with all of Tolkien oversaturation across all video games, we haven't seen a single game that fully utilizes it's lore and setting ( well of this type anyway).
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

May 19th, 2017, 22:27
The full lore would be a too huge amount of work, then a too huge budget, then hard to make it a profitable project.

Still it's right that this series is using very few lore of the original. LotR War In the North uses 10 to 20 time more lore.

Dasale

SasqWatch

May 20th, 2017, 01:32
Does anyone remember War of Ring? It was a fun little Battle Realms clone. Return of the King was a good action game too.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Offical Trailer