Quantcast
Kingmaker - Characters and Animation - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingmaker - Characters and Animation

Default Kingmaker - Characters and Animation

June 19th, 2017, 01:05
Pathfinder: Kingmaker continues to make progress towards its goal and has had a couple of updates. The latest is about character animation and the other about a potential companion.

Pathfinders,

We have prepared a brand new video for today's update. As you've certainly guessed by our headline, it's all about characters and animation. Our technical director Alexey Drobyshevsky lets you have a first look at the inventory system and how putting on items works. He is also showing off some of our combat animations. Please be aware that the shown footage is still work in progress and we're still ironing out some kinks. With that in mind, we hope you will enjoy our new video and, as always, we can't wait to hear your comments and feedback.
loading…

[…]

Dear Pathfinders,

We continue our story about those who will accompany you on your journey to the Stolen Lands. Many heroes rightfully call themselves Pathfinders - from the mighty Fighters to the cunning Rogues - but nobody is as good at literally finding paths where there seem to be none as the Rangers.

Ekundayo, or Ekun for friends, isn't too talkative. Even after earning his trust, one would need a lot of patience to learn something about his past. An experienced Ranger, a former mercenary, a devout worshipper of the dwarven god Torag… A soul on the verge of despair. When you meet him, he has nothing left to lose and only hopes to live long enough for a bloody revenge. Will you let his hatred consume him - or will you give him a new hope, a new place in life, a new home to fight for?

Ekun's family came from the South, from the hot deserts of Thuvia, but he's never seen the land of his ancestors. His true motherland is Absolom - the great city in the center of the world, where one can meet people of every known nation, every religion, and every creed. After the death of his parents, he went to seek his fortune in the northern continent of Avistan, where he traveled back and forth before ending up in the turbulent Stolen Lands.

In battle, Ekundayo relies on his trusty bow, sending death from afar, but he also can protect himself in close combat, armed with a sword. He has no need for heavy armor but handles shields well. A faithful hound accompanies him, always ready to help.

Ekun is a man of action, not a scheming diplomat. Should you decide to rely on his help in ruling the kingdom, you will benefit from his physical abilities and combat skills. He can do well protecting you and your people - or enforcing your orders, even the unpopular ones.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

June 19th, 2017, 01:20
Each update just make me want to play this game more and more

gabrielarantest

Stubborn Dwarf

June 19th, 2017, 02:32
…diverse gender system…
might cancel pledge

goblin

Watcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 19th, 2017, 02:46
Originally Posted by goblin View Post
…diverse gender system…
might cancel pledge
You might grow up and be an adult, too.

GabrielMP_19

Vault Survivor

June 19th, 2017, 02:51
+1 paisley shirt of befuddlement

Upgrade with lasers and reflective tape.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

June 19th, 2017, 02:59
What does a diverse gender system even mean?? Are we going to see genders besides male and female in human beings??

P.S. That shirt!!!
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

June 19th, 2017, 03:50
Looks good but please shrink that sword. Well, maybe if a Giant race is available
--
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The Second Coming- William Butler Yeats

redman5427

Keeper of the Watch

June 19th, 2017, 03:55
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
What does a diverse gender system even mean?? Are we going to see genders besides male and female in human beings??

P.S. That shirt!!!
I doubt that is what he meant. English is not his first language and I think he means in the context of adding particular female and male feelie things to the character system in terms of animations and character backgrounds and customisation or things like that.

That shirt has Hawaiian all over it, perfect for eating messy food with.

Originally Posted by redman5427 View Post
Looks good but please shrink that sword. Well, maybe if a Giant race is available
Agreed! This sort of sword belongs in Final Fantasy 7.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

June 19th, 2017, 05:14
Originally Posted by gabrielarantest View Post
I wish I could say the same. I'm just not a fan of that art style.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 19th, 2017, 05:31
I think he is talking about the ability to create different builds, for example, like built/very masculine females or skinny/feminine males if player wishes to build one.
--
Favourite 5 RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale I, The Aielund Saga, Stardew Valley, The Witcher 3

purpleblob

Princess

June 19th, 2017, 05:42
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I think he is talking about the ability to create different builds, for example, like built/very masculine females or skinny/feminine males if player wishes to build one.
Thats a pretty cool level of customisation. I always wanted to be able to change the weight and height of my toons in baldurs gate. My main character in nwn was a grey haired older experienced fighter with a pot belly. After all the premise was that they were recruiting the best of the best. Everyone kept referring to him as a fresh faced newbie which kind of ruined it for me through.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

June 19th, 2017, 07:20
What does a diverse gender system even mean?
It's populist garbage to increase sales.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

June 19th, 2017, 07:24
Originally Posted by gabrielarantest View Post
Just the ruleset alone makes this game automatically better than PoE/Tranny/Numanuma.

I suspect that'll lead to much better combat and actually fun character building.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

June 19th, 2017, 11:02
I think they will get their half million but it seems they are not going to get much more than that.

I still haven't pledged but more than likely to do so simply because I am like the rule system.

lostforever

SasqWatch

June 19th, 2017, 11:55
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
+1 paisley shirt of befuddlement

Upgrade with lasers and reflective tape.
That shirt is vivid.

mat9813004

Traveler

June 19th, 2017, 11:58
Looking closer at the art style, I'm not seing the issue, really. What's the problem?

NewDArt

SasqWatch

June 19th, 2017, 13:49
Originally Posted by NewDArt View Post
Looking closer at the art style, I'm not seing the issue, really. What's the problem?
If you're talking about his shirt, I think it's not colorful enough.

Besides that my only complaint is Amiri's huge sword. That gives me JRPG vibes I really dislike.

Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
I think they will get their half million but it seems they are not going to get much more than that.
Usually there will be a significant increase of pledges at the end of the campaign. I think they'll finish with ~$650-700k.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Expeditions: Viking

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 19th, 2017, 13:51
Oh, it's the exaggeration?

I think it's within the realm of the reasonable. I do prefer a more plausible style - but it's harder to pull off well, I find.

Also, you run the risk of having a sort of dreary and drab game.

Dragon Age Origins is a good example of a more realistic art style that really didn't do much for the game, in my opinion.

NewDArt

SasqWatch

+1:

June 19th, 2017, 13:51
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
If you're talking about his shirt, I think it's not colorful enough.

Besides that my only complaint is Amiri's huge sword. That gives me JRPG vibes I really dislike.
Carrying Giant Swords have been around in D&D before Pathfinder existed. You get a feat that lets you use one size larger weapons but with an attack penalty.
She uses two hands to wield it. JRPG vibe would be her using one hand to use it.

Archangel

SasqWatch

June 19th, 2017, 13:56
I also think the 2H sword look little too big but not a big deal for me
--
Favourite 5 RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, Icewind Dale I, The Aielund Saga, Stardew Valley, The Witcher 3

purpleblob

Princess

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingmaker - Characters and Animation