Quantcast
Brigand: Oaxaca - Released on Steam - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Brigand: Oaxaca - Released on Steam

Default Brigand: Oaxaca - Released on Steam

July 12th, 2017, 20:22
The FPS/RPG hybrid Brigand: Oaxaca launched on Steam:

Boom

It is finally up. Please buy my game and help me support my many addictions.

I am planning to release an update in about 2 weeks that will include the world editor, higher resolution options, and hopefully any bug fixes that you report to me.

I'm confident that there are no bugs left in the core engine. However, there may be some mistakes remaining in the game scripts, but those are easy to fix as they are just text files -- it won't require a new compile and it won't require you to start a new game. Please don't hesitate to send me any bugs you find.

Brigand: Oaxaca is a highly difficult post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico. The story will take you from a banana plantation to dark toxic caverns, to the sprawling city of Pochutla, to the flooded coastline, to deadly demon-infested jungles, and more.

There are 14 unique skills to upgrade with skill points, ranging from agility to firearms, hacking, hardware, voodoo. Unlock up to 80 special abilities that allow you to do things such as throw your weapon, upgrade your guns, and control the weather.

Dangers include rival tribes fighting for fertile land, mutated ghouls that emerge from their caverns at night, vicious demons that hunger for your flesh, a flooded and irradiated coastline that eats away at civilization, disease, insanity, and hunger.

You will die often, and you will like it.

Key Features:
  • Branching story with dynamic characters, dialogue trees, and multiple endings
  • Total freedom of movement and action: jump from roof to roof, steal things, blow things up, or murder friendly characters (if that's your thing)
  • Extensive character customization with 14 skills to upgrade and over 80 abilities to unlock, ranging from firearms to crafting, hacking, and voodoo
  • Crafting system largely based on the Anarchist's Cookbook: make various grenades from empty beer cans and the proper chems, etc.
  • Explore a vast region of Oaxaca, taking you from a banana plantation, into toxic caverns, bustling cities, disease-ridden jungles, and a flooded coastline
Thanks Neon!

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

July 12th, 2017, 20:22
Mexico's poorest state.

screeg

floating head

July 12th, 2017, 20:32
Brigand: Oaxaca is a highly difficult post-apocalyptic RPG/FPS set in Mexico. The story will take you from a banana plantation to dark toxic caverns, to the sprawling city of Pochutla, to the flooded coastline, to deadly demon-infested jungles, and more.

There are 14 unique skills to upgrade with skill points, ranging from agility to firearms, hacking, hardware, voodoo. Unlock up to 80 special abilities that allow you to do things such as throw your weapon, upgrade your guns, and control the weather.

Dangers include rival tribes fighting for fertile land, mutated ghouls that emerge from their caverns at night, vicious demons that hunger for your flesh, a flooded and irradiated coastline that eats away at civilization, disease, insanity, and hunger.

You will die often, and you will like it.
I'm loving how this sounds. The 90s graphics are cute too.
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston
Last edited by luj1; July 12th, 2017 at 21:06.

luj1

SasqWatch

July 12th, 2017, 20:44
I visited Oaxaca years ago…had some awesome locally made chocolate. Fascinating country, Mexico

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

July 12th, 2017, 21:52
Why bother with post-apocalyptic when you can just use the cartel ?

you

Lazy_dog
Original Sin 2 Donor

July 12th, 2017, 22:37
Originally Posted by luj1 View Post
I'm loving how this sounds. The 90s graphics are cute too.
Indeed. That feature list is really nice.

cacaro

Codexian Spy

July 13th, 2017, 00:49
Strange; it seems hitting someone with a shovel is deadlier than shooting them with a pistol.

Hak'n'Slash

Watcher

July 13th, 2017, 14:41
The graphics will have to be massively improved for me to try this, but I'm willing if they are.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

July 13th, 2017, 15:10
Originally Posted by Hak'n'Slash View Post
Strange; it seems hitting someone with a shovel is deadlier than shooting them with a pistol.
In the real world, it might be, if the shovel hits them in the head or stomach.

screeg

floating head

+1:

July 13th, 2017, 17:51
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
The graphics will have to be massively improved for me to try this, but I'm willing if they are.
I knew you were a graphics whore!

Wisdom

Seeker
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Brigand: Oaxaca - Released on Steam