Lost Sphear - Followup to I Am Setsuna

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Lost Sphear is a new RPG from Square Enix that follows on from I Am Setsuna. Polygon captured some 15 minutes of gameplay footage from a demo. The game is expected to release January 23rd 2018.

Check out 15 minutes of gameplay from the demo for Lost Sphear, Square Enix's charming new RPG and the follow-up to last year's I Am Setsuna.
More information.

The power of friendship will save the day!

Meh.
Living on some ancient game's laurels. IIRC that ancient game worked on pocketwatches so count me not impressed with fishing people and whatnot.

Looks (and sounds) like something beautiful and relaxing to play.

Meh.
Living on some ancient game's laurels. IIRC that ancient game worked on pocketwatches so count me not impressed with fishing people and whatnot.

I dont think that is true but it true but it was on phones. The ancient game's laurels is a weird situation. The game is regarded by many from that era as the best JRPG from that time, but it never really got a proper sequel in terms of gameplay. I am one that happens to agree with that sentiment so I am happy the game is being made.

Ugh… just no.

It seems you have killed off the inner child in you. What remains is bitter and cold self. You should hang out with Fluent bit more to get your inner child back :lol:

It seems you have killed off the inner child in you.
A child is hitting edge of a table with their head, cringes for no reason other than getting a smile back, enjoys geting dirty and is chasing butterflies till falls on their face/butt.
A child is not passivley staring at displays - a modern retard who's nanny is a tablet does that.

IIRC JDR is living in gyms and while it belongs to braindead grinding instead of world exploration through jogging and (bi)cycling, socializing with live people is included. He's not a child killed by Nintendo.

youtube happened.

What happend to the first one ?

I finished the game, but it clear that the game was cut short. There are many areas in the game that serve no purpose whatsoever. I enjoyed it but I can see how people would be disappointed in it.

I have high hopes for this one though, even if it is held back by consoles, ie, you cant simply target a spot on your screen for skills. But other than that, I like how they added moving in battles which would at least gives you the option to move into better position so that your skills hits more enemies for example.

I can see how people would be disappointed in it.
I didn't even want to try it.
One and only one reason. It doesn't look this decade PC.

Of course I'm not talking about combat system. Hint: L1 in the video.

Pillars of Eternity doesn't look like this decade PC, either. There are room for different styles.

But it does.
The only thing in Eternity that has no place on modern PC is the engine's loading code copypasted from consoles. Unlike pathfinding problems it's not a bug, that rubbish code that turns your SSD speed into floppy drive speed is Unity's feature.

So why close yourself off to possible enjoyable games because of graphics? Seems really silly to me.

Seriously?

Man I backed KS (and played a bit, will continue when time allows) this game:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/256460/
Does that look like The Witcher 3 graphics to you?

L1 as hint doesn't mean graphics.

Sure, I am a graphics whore, I'm not denying it. But while combat is the least important thing in games I want, graphics is just one notch above it. Okay, two if they make spectacular hair.

But it does.
The only thing in Eternity that has no place on modern PC is the engine's loading code copypasted from consoles. Unlike pathfinding problems it's not a bug, that rubbish code that turns your SSD speed into floppy drive speed is Unity's feature.

TBH the games are likely to be at the same level graphically. Eternity doesnt use 3d lanscapes, while these games do.

So why close yourself off to possible enjoyable games because of graphics? Seems really silly to me.

Because visuals are an important aspect to some people and it's part of the experience.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to get that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom