Quantcast
Madman - Released on Steam - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Madman - Released on Steam

Default Madman - Released on Steam

July 30th, 2017, 10:42
The old-school fantasy RPG Dr. Dungeon's MADMAN! is now available on Steam, too:

Dr. Dungeon's MADMAN! A classic role-playing experience with a twist on typical conventions. As the madman or woman, you must travel through a charming yet strange land in an attempt to restore your sense of lost honor. A hugely interactive game world with all the features we like to see, and many new ones we haven't.

From combat to magic and crafting and a host of zany NPC's, you'll experience a style quite unique to this genre. Engrossing, dramatic, and just the right amount of campiness!

Features

• Create a lone wolf character from a large range of classes, as a man or a woman. Each class can evolve as you venture forth to develop new abilities. Select from a range of carefully crafted portraits and character icons.
  • Turn-based tactical combat with plenty of unique sounds and graphic effects make combat both engaging and fun.
  • Explore a large open world in which you can interact with almost anything in the land. Craft various potions from plants and make weapons from ore mined in the dungeons.
  • Interact with a wide variety of interesting characters, from the stern lessons of an arcane master to the crazy ramblings of the local merchants. Go on quests from the silly to the bizarre. You can even join in a whacky outdoor party!
  • Dr. Dungeon's MADMAN! promises an ending you will never forget.
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
+1:

July 30th, 2017, 10:42
This looks uh, very oldkool. Wondering if it is any good. Has anyone played it?

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPGWatcher
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

July 30th, 2017, 18:30
If I wasn't hip-deep in Disagea, I would have already bought this. I'll be trying it out at some point, I think!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

July 30th, 2017, 18:36
There is no way I'll buy this.

Retro aiming to be being retro, okay. There is a whole canada retro part in South Park game that's ingenious for example.
But retro because a developer refuses to hire a proper artist and share some earnings with them, no.

Which brings me back to another case.
After so many years fooling around, Cleve could have hired someone who knows how to use Microsoft Paint better than 5 year old kid him. And he did not.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

July 30th, 2017, 20:57
Has Jeff Vogel made this game?
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

July 30th, 2017, 21:40
Congratulations on the release!

mercy

Keeper of the Watch

+1:

July 30th, 2017, 22:01
How does this compare to Avadon series in all regards (gameplay, story, graphics, length, …) ? Also will it makes it way to gog ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

July 31st, 2017, 11:51
While reading up on this game, I discovered there's quite an interesting backstory to the dev and Madman. This guy was making games many years ago and was inspired to finish this one when people contacted him and showed an interest in his old work. (This won't convince anyone who doesn't like the graphics, and I realise many people here avoid Codex threads, but I found reading it a real blast from the past)
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index…eleased.71952/

Mercutio

Grognard

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

July 31st, 2017, 14:04
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
many people here avoid Codex threads
Not really. Only a few of us do.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)

July 31st, 2017, 15:34
Yeah, I understand the Codex may not be to most people's tastes (specifically, anyone *with* taste), but I'm not psychologically damaged by bad language or inappropriate comments.

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

July 31st, 2017, 21:04
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
Yeah, I understand the Codex may not be to most people's tastes (specifically, anyone *with* taste), but I'm not psychologically damaged by bad language or inappropriate comments.
If you can get past a lot of the autistic views of a lot of the Codexians, there is not a finer place to discuss all things cRPG.
--
"You may be a doctor. But I'm THE Doctor. The definite article, you might say."

beldurax

Old RPG Addict

October 25th, 2017, 14:30
Admittedly, Madman has more in common with something like Stardew Valley than say, a Spiderweb game, being fairly lite in the combat, etc., while emphasizing a highly interactive world and crafting. Here's a little video showing off some of the crafting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mofOwrJ2V-c It would be nice if some of the rpgwatchers could make a playthrough so others could get a perspective from a players standpoint. I can always spare a key or two. Dr. D.

DrDungeon

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Madman - Released on Steam