Quantcast
Divinity: Original Sin II - Split Screen and Skill Crafting - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity: Original Sin II - Split Screen and Skill Crafting

Default Divinity: Original Sin II - Split Screen and Skill Crafting

August 1st, 2017, 21:44
In Kickstarter update #41 for Divinity: Original Sin II we learn more about playing in split screen, crafting skills and spirit talking:

Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Update #41: Talk to ghosts! Craft new skills! Play in split screen!

loading…

We’re excited to show you a few things we’ve been working on, some that we’ve mentioned already and some that we have not! In this update we’re talking crafting, spirit talk, controllers, split screens and more!
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

August 1st, 2017, 21:44
I've lost any interest I had in this developer or series, personally. DKS was great, but Sin was a step backwards and the sequel seems to be another step back from that. Good for the co-op players though. This was made 100% for them and them only.

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

August 1st, 2017, 21:51
I might sounds like a heretic, but while I liked D:OS well enough to have played it for quite a few hours, I don't actually consider it to be the masterwork many here seem to think it is.

On the other hand, the wife got me for my birthday a Steam Link and I am tempted to try it on the TV with two controllers and my significant other. Could be fun.
--
Evil characters rock:
"I am evil, I am mean, I am bad."
"You are good, you are nice, you are… dead."

abharsair

Grumpmaster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 1st, 2017, 22:29
I guess it is much better for the co-op players. I will be playing 4 player with friends how i plays D:OS with my friends.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

August 1st, 2017, 23:33
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I've lost any interest I had in this developer or series, personally. DKS was great, but Sin was a step backwards and the sequel seems to be another step back from that. Good for the co-op players though. This was made 100% for them and them only.
Say what? I play 100% single player and am still looking forward to this title like crazy. The first one was bloody awesome and I have no reason to believe part 2 won't also be.

Controller support? Don't care. Split screen? Don't care. But if people enjoy that, why not.

Now, if they actually made the next game require coop or other forms of multiplayer than I will scowl and scream and swear. But I've a hard time setting that happen, and I'm pretty sure a lot more people will play this game single player than coop. At least on the Watch, and those are the only players I ever listen too…

tomasp3n

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2017, 00:06
Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
Say what? I play 100% single player and am still looking forward to this title like crazy. The first one was bloody awesome and I have no reason to believe part 2 won't also be.

Controller support? Don't care. Split screen? Don't care. But if people enjoy that, why not.

Now, if they actually made the next game require coop or other forms of multiplayer than I will scowl and scream and swear. But I've a hard time setting that happen, and I'm pretty sure a lot more people will play this game single player than coop. At least on the Watch, and those are the only players I ever listen too…
Good to hear. Its a shame that you dont have anyone to play it with, I would invite you to my group but my group plays rather "quickly" and with extended sessions and I dont think anyone here likes that.

If you could get a group together it makes the game that much better, especially if you are chatting on discord or something like that. For example the fish monger was a source of great comic relief for our group that played the original, it was simply amazing, everyone enjoyed it, we talked about it for days, then they changed it because it wasnt quite "right". Planning in groups is also fun especially with the elemental system of D:OS, there is always one person in a group that will take reigns as leader but there is always discussion on how to do a battle, sometimes someone has an idea that you didnt think about or vice versa and that is always a fun light bulb moment.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 2nd, 2017, 00:48
I wish there were a lot more Larian like developers out there.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2017, 00:52
I don't play co-op or multi player at all, and this is a game I'm very much anticipating. I think the idea of that if there is any multi player or co-op features included in a rpg game whatsoever means that it is not suitable for single player, is, well, kind of retarded. Not sure where this philosophy comes from, but its not one I subscribe to.

Notice I did say "rpg game", because I do hold an extremist position on games in other genres such as shooters because if they say they feature co-op or multi player that very often means that is where all the attention in development went to, and how the game is meant to be played, but I don't think this is the same for many rpg games, and certainly not from Larian. They have a well deserved great reputation in the old school rpg community.

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 2nd, 2017, 02:11
I have spent MANY hours with the EA version of this game trying out all the various combinations of characters and teams which is something I have never done before. Every time I have discovered something new. I am EAGERLY awaiting this masterpiece!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

[email protected]

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

August 2nd, 2017, 02:19
Have you guys decided who is going to make the review or be still my beating heart, reviewS?

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 2nd, 2017, 02:23
No, we haven't discussed it. I would be quite happy to write one, but my problem is that I am a very slow (but thorough) player, so without an early release review copy it will take me a LONG time to finish the game, even though I know part 1 like the back of my hand.
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

[email protected]

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

August 2nd, 2017, 02:24
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I wish there were a lot more Larian like developers out there.
It's scary how much better Larian is than any other RPG developer out there right now. Gaming life would be great if there were a few more RPG devs that were even 80-90% as good as Larian.

Stingray

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

August 2nd, 2017, 02:30
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
No, we haven't discussed it. I would be quite happy to write one, but my problem is that I am a very slow (but thorough) player, so without an early release review copy it will take me a LONG time to finish the game, even though I know part 1 like the back of my hand.
I can imagine. Is it possible do you think of having 2 reviews? One from a grizzled veteran of turn based rpgs and another from a player who usually prefers real-time rpgs. I would like to read both on RPGWatch because of how deep your reviews go here.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

+1:

August 2nd, 2017, 02:40
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
I can imagine. Is it possible do you think of having 2 reviews? One from a grizzled veteran of turn based rpgs and another from a player who usually prefers real-time rpgs. I would like to read both on RPGWatch because of how deep your reviews go here.
The more reviews the merrier I say.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

August 2nd, 2017, 02:55
I played D:OS (both versions) and the EA of D:OS 2 to death. And yet, the game is so deep and wonderful I still find new things to try and new areas to explore. I am looking forward to my hands on the final product. On top of that, people at Larian are just cool. Great developers. My only complain is that they are so slow… I need more games from them….

mbpopolano24

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2017, 02:59
Originally Posted by mbpopolano24 View Post
I played D:OS (both versions) and the EA of D:OS 2 to death. And yet, the game is so deep and wonderful I still find new things to try and new areas to explore. I am looking forward to my hands on the final product. On top of that, people at Larian are just cool. Great developers. My only complain is that they are so slow… I need more games from them….
Last I heard they're working on a 2nd project, alongside D:OS2, using the same engine…but we still haven't heard any info on it yet?

Stingray

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

August 2nd, 2017, 06:29
Firstly, Larian is great. I'm still a little concerned about the loss of proper action points, but the game still looks damn good to me.

More importantly, why does the little Larian logo guy with the plunger on his head now have long, flowing hair at the end of the video?

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

August 2nd, 2017, 06:54
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
Firstly, Larian is great. I'm still a little concerned about the loss of proper action points, but the game still looks damn good to me.

More importantly, why does the little Larian logo guy with the plunger on his head now have long, flowing hair at the end of the video?
That is just a different colour scheme. The coloured logo is exactly the same design wise. The dark bit is a fireball behind the head, I think.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

August 2nd, 2017, 08:18
Its hair from the helmet. Many games have helmets like that.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 2nd, 2017, 09:48
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
It's scary how much better Larian is than any other RPG developer out there right now. Gaming life would be great if there were a few more RPG devs that were even 80-90% as good as Larian.
I don't agree with that first statement at all, and I like Larian a lot. I'd probably have them in my top 5, but they're not close to being the best RPG developer. I guess it depends on what you like though.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity: Original Sin II - Split Screen and Skill Crafting