|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Banner Saga 3 - Production Update

Default Banner Saga 3 - Production Update

December 5th, 2017, 23:33
The latest update on The Banner Saga 3.

[…]

Producers Corner

Hey Bannerfolk! As 2018 approaches, I suppose you must be wondering how far along we are in development of Banner Saga 3! What's the status? Where's the final chapter to my epic saga? Why don't you just ship this thing already so I can know how it all ends!?! Well, I'm here to answer ALL your questions, because I'm the producer, and that's just what we do.

Banner Saga 3 is still in an Alpha state, but I'm happy to report that we are approaching the ‘Feature Complete’ milestone (where no more new game features are added and we start to iterate, bugfix and polish). These are the features and tools that our programmers (John and Drew) deliver to the designers (Matt and Alex) so they can implement content into the game (character conversations, combat abilities, and new game systems).

Speaking of the designers, Arnie’s creative team (Art and Design) are trying to get to ‘Content Complete’ so that we can consider writing and art assets to be ‘final, polished and ready to ship.’ The final pass on writing will happen this year, and the translation/localization process will soon kick off for 10+ languages. Isn't it exciting to think that the final chapter of the story is almost completely written? I totally know how it ends and I'm not even going to tell you. )

Our partner companies are kicking into high gear to deliver their final assets early next year:

• Powerhouse Animation is compositing our in-game cinematics at break-neck speed to meet deadlines early in 2018. (Did you guys see their work on Battle Chasers and Castlevania? These guys are KILLIN IT)
  • This month we’re kicking off Quality Assurance testing to start gathering bugs to squash.
  • Austin Wintory is composing and delivering scratch music tracks (placeholders made digitally to stand in for the real tracks that come after recording). He’ll be tuning up the full symphony for orchestral soundtrack recording in January.
  • KPoW Audio is playing through the latest build and planning out sound effects.
  • Syrland will be recording voice over for some of our cinematics early in the new year in their intimidating Nordic voices.
  • Versus Evil is creating their marketing master plan, including in-person appearances for the team at many gaming shows (look for those announcements on social media in the new year!)
For those of you in our Kickstarter, many of the merchandise items have been manufactured and are on their way to our fulfillment facility - we continue to strive to beat our December 2018 deadline for those, and there should be some exciting updates in the new year.

Banner Saga 1 and 2 are also getting some love and bugfixing and we're hoping to have an exciting announcement in the new year that I'm not going to say anthing more about, because I'm the producer, and that's just what we do. -Your Truly, Zeb L. West
[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

December 5th, 2017, 23:53
I really liked the first two games but always shocked how long it takes to produce the games given the simplistic technology in use.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

December 6th, 2017, 08:07
They should have named the series Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3, as I was kind of disappointed the first one was so short.

Also the lack of urgency sucked, since I learned before playing that the 'survival' aspect mattered very little to the outcome of the game.

Dilvish

Watchdog

December 6th, 2017, 11:11
Originally Posted by Dilvish View Post
They should have named the series Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3, as I was kind of disappointed the first one was so short.

Also the lack of urgency sucked, since I learned before playing that the 'survival' aspect mattered very little to the outcome of the game.
Actually if you play on hard then it is an issue as the lack of food will make it more difficult to survive…

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio
+1:

December 6th, 2017, 20:12
Bounced off the combat. Hard.
Just didn't like the mechanics and uninstalled after 2 hours. I liked the art and atmosphere bigly. Sad.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

December 6th, 2017, 23:08
They are very short games, and I have enjoyed both of them. May the final be larger!!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

December 7th, 2017, 01:20
I liked the first game, though I was ready for it to be over when it ended. I had fought enough guys with buckets on their heads.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

December 7th, 2017, 03:08
Originally Posted by Dilvish View Post
They once said that one day they would re-release the whole trilogy as a one game with mechanics from the last one. No ETA though.

Mrozie

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Banner Saga 3 - Production Update