|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Assassin's Creed Origins - January Plans

Default Assassin's Creed Origins - January Plans

January 8th, 2018, 23:29
Assassins Creed: Origins will release some new content in January in the form of an expansion called The Hidden Ones.

This Month in Assassin's Creed® Origins - January

We hope you enjoyed the festive season and best wishes for 2018 from the entire Assassin's Creed team! Without further ado, here's what's in store for Assassin's Creed® Origins in January.

Title Update

A new title update will be released in January to add more content to the game. Here's what you can look forward to:

• A new quest to celebrate the arrival of the first expansion, The Hidden Ones
  • Update to the Heka chests item pool, which adds the items from the Nightmare and First Civilization packs, as well as the Gladiator and Wacky packs to the pool
  • A new option to sell outfits at weaver shops
The Hidden Ones

January marks the arrival of the first major expansion, The Hidden Ones. In this expansion, Bayek and the Assassins will clash with the Romans, who occupy an all-new region in the game.

Here's what you can look forward to:

• Delve into an all-new vast story
  • A level cap increase from 40 to 45
  • The Hidden Ones will be available for no additional cost to Season Pass owners
[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

January 8th, 2018, 23:29
I hope no-one is wasting their money on chests in this game.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

January 8th, 2018, 23:39
I think there was some major error in communication when EA sent out someone to investigate Witcher 3's success and came back with a manifesto for more chests.

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 00:18
I enjoy how they put the Origin word in the title, that alone should have everyone steering extremely clear of this.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 00:47
This game is UBI-SOFT not Electronic Arts.

Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
I think there was some major error in communication when EA sent out someone to investigate Witcher 3's success and came back with a manifesto for more chests.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 00:51
I'm going to get this game eventually. My friend played it, and I tried it out for a few hours, and had a lot of fun. After all the expansion packs come out, I hope to get it on on a deep discount with all the dlc included. Until then, I have plenty of backlog to work through.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 01:08
Originally Posted by you View Post
Oh yeah, lol. *embarrassed*

lackblogger

retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

January 9th, 2018, 14:39
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I hope no-one is wasting their money on chests in this game.
Written before. There is a certain sword, best in the whole game, possible to drop only from those chests. But you can spend all $ you earned in the game yet never get it, it's stupid roguelike/gambling mechanics.

However:
- The "fire sword" you get from the story is the second best sword in the game and makes even the hardest fights trivial (well, was before last update that introduced JDR/dart mode, dunno now)
- Money is better invested post main story in assassins base. Won't spoil why.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 15:08
Originally Posted by you View Post
But is business model any different?

Mrozie

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

January 9th, 2018, 16:12
You can get chests from daily missions so it's no big deal especially considering that all the items that are being sold are going to be available without spending a dime on microtransactions.

I got the Unicorn mount from a chest the other day. Spending real money on chests is really pointless.

Gloomseeker

Watcher

January 9th, 2018, 17:43
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Written before. There is a certain sword, best in the whole game, possible to drop only from those chests. But you can spend all $ you earned in the game yet never get it, it's stupid roguelike/gambling mechanics.

However:
- The "fire sword" you get from the story is the second best sword in the game and makes even the hardest fights trivial (well, was before last update that introduced JDR/dart mode, dunno now)
- Money is better invested post main story in assassins base. Won't spoil why.
That's what Cheat Engine is for: give yourself a bazillion gold and open 500+ chests. That's what I did, I have all rewards available and didn't spend a dime.
I'd rather donate 60 bucks to the Cheat Engine community than wasting it on this chest bullshit.

axellslade

No Title Please

+1:

January 9th, 2018, 17:54
Originally Posted by axellslade View Post
That's what Cheat Engine is for: give yourself a bazillion gold and open 500+ chests. That's what I did, I have all rewards available and didn't spend a dime.
I'd rather donate 60 bucks to the Cheat Engine community than wasting it on this chest bullshit.
I haven't really paid attention, as I don't buy games with microtransactions in them, but presumably there is some sort of cat and mouse going on between the publishers and the cheatmakers? I mean, they can't be happy if traditional cheats are making their lootbox schemes redundant.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 18:07
No. Same sucky business model. To be honest UBISOFT is the worse company I've ever seen. People like to give EA crap but I think UBISOFT is much worse. I'll buy EA games with reluctance but will only take free UBI games.

Originally Posted by Mrozie View Post
But is business model any different?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 18:21
I agree that it does have a EA-like business model which sucks, and I haven't bought any chests. Otherwise though, I'm having a good time with it. If you want to use all different kinds of weapons, travel by foot, horse, camel, or boat, be silent and kill everyone, go in guns blazing, etc. then its a good game. It doesn't have a lot of depth, but overall, it hits the spot with the mysterious lost tombs of Egypt vibe. The open world was done really well imo. There are areas you can go where you will get your butt handed to you if you are not ready, which I like. I really like the idea of the Phylakes(sp?) roaming around. It adds some danger.

Fun hack and slash open world. Bad dlc model\loot boxes!

..boats! The boats are great!

ds77

Watcher

January 9th, 2018, 19:11
Just gleefully ignore both electronic arts, and ubijunk, your mind will thank you for this. Trust me. And so will your computer!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 19:12
I just can't see that franchise name anymore.
Especially since it stands for brutality and violence like Hitman, another Assassin. Maybe do a crossover ?
--
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

January 9th, 2018, 19:15
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
I'm going to get this game eventually. My friend played it, and I tried it out for a few hours, and had a lot of fun. After all the expansion packs come out, I hope to get it on on a deep discount with all the dlc included. Until then, I have plenty of backlog to work through.
In my view Assassin's Creed Origins is a very good game. I highly recommend it.

NFLed

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Assassin's Creed Origins - January Plans