|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NieR: Automata - Best Games of 2017 @ Polygon

Default NieR: Automata - Best Games of 2017 @ Polygon

January 10th, 2018, 06:15
Charles Webb, Senior Writer at Hangar 13 Games, talks about Nier: Automata and humanity at Polygon:

Nier: Automataís robots remind us that being human isnít as great as itís cracked up to be

The co-writer of Mafia 3 on Nier: Automata

Nier: Automata, an action RPG about weaponized fetish dolls, is one of the saddest games ever made. It is a tragedy riddled with dead parents, dead gods and the death of self. Yoko Taro, the gameís writer and director, has made a deeply anxious game about death.

[This article contains spoilers for Nier: Automata.]

[…]
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

January 10th, 2018, 06:15
Big big spoilers in that article, just like it says. And this is a game where spoilers really hurt!

The game is, IMHO, worth trudging through the poor port just to see the story. The final credits are a blast, too!

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

January 10th, 2018, 13:57
Given the success they really should patch the port and make it a decent pc game.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

January 10th, 2018, 14:15
Originally Posted by you View Post
Given the success they really should patch the port and make it a decent pc game.
What are the ongoing problems with it?
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

January 10th, 2018, 16:13
There have been many complaints on steam about keyboard/mouse interface and some performance issues. As a PC player I don't use a controller hence I'm waiting to see if they improve the interface before considering.

Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
What are the ongoing problems with it?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

January 10th, 2018, 16:30
Not saying I'd ever buy a grinder, but refusal to patch it on PC makes it the least desirable product in my backlog.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)

January 10th, 2018, 16:37
There have been many complaints on steam about keyboard/mouse interface and some performance issues. As a PC player I don't use a controller hence I'm waiting to see if they improve the interface before considering.
Ah, right - thanks. I've just read quite a few positive things about it, even though it didn't initially appeal to me. I just wondered if the PC port was in a really dire state. If it's mainly M&K interface issues, I don't mind a controller.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

January 10th, 2018, 19:41
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Ah, right - thanks. I've just read quite a few positive things about it, even though it didn't initially appeal to me. I just wondered if the PC port was in a really dire state. If it's mainly M&K interface issues, I don't mind a controller.
It's not m&k issues, that's the issues left after the fan patch.

You need to use a fan patch to play the game (which fix mostly resolution/graphics issues, not controls) and depending on your hardware follow guides to avoid white/black screens and crashes.

List of issues.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
+1:

January 10th, 2018, 19:48
Yikes, don't like the sound of that lot. Thanks.
--

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NieR: Automata - Best Games of 2017 @ Polygon