Unsung Story - March Update - RPGWatch Forums
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Unsung Story - March Update

Default Unsung Story - March Update

March 6th, 2018, 03:43
In this month's update of the development of Unsung Story, which is for the most part about keeping the original triangular grid of the game.

I'll start this topic with a broad philosophical statement meant to make me sound intelligent and deep thinking, but thatís really just to soften the blow before I make a more personal admission.

None of us are perfect, and game development is no exception. Sometimes we make choices that are perfectly reasoned, well thought out. Safe. For a project like Unsung Story that has been delayed so long, many times those will be the right choices. But sometimes our protective instincts get in the way of pushing frontiers. Sometimes knowing exactly where the road leads, keeps us from wandering into a hidden alcove full of wonder and imagination.

To put it more bluntly, I was wrong about changing to the Square Grid.

As I said in a previous post on Kickstarter, the Triangle Grid was definitely one of the core elements that drew me into Unsung Story. I had never seen anything like it, but when it came time to crack that system open, we spent weeks staring at the PlayDek mockups and trying to make heads or tails of them.

Eventually I made the call. Itís what a publisher does. You can hear the clock ticking, and you have to keep things on track. At the time it felt like the system added needless complexity for no real gain and a lot of very awkward gameplay limitations.

It all made perfect sense…

..Until I went to Tokyo and met with Mr. Matsuno.

There are some preliminary screenshots in the article showing the triangular grid.

More information.

Cave Canem
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

March 6th, 2018, 03:43
Pretty appropriate title for this project…. unfortunately.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

March 6th, 2018, 03:55
Originally Posted by Ryzwitcher View Post
Pretty appropriate title for this projectÖ. unfortunately.
Release version will be known as Sung Story.

RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Unsung Story - March Update