|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity: Original Sin II - PS4 & Xbox One this August

Default Divinity: Original Sin II - PS4 & Xbox One this August

April 6th, 2018, 14:29
@Gamerant Divinity: Original Sin II will be getting a console release for Playstation 4 and Xbox One this August.

Divinity Original Sin 2, which has received just as much critical acclaim as its predecessor, originally released on the PC in September of last year. At the time, there was no confirmation on a console release, though many assumed it may get it, as the first game was ported over to consoles. A trailer released today confirmed it will be heading to PS4 and Xbox One this August.

loading…

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

April 6th, 2018, 17:52
Expected but bleh.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

April 6th, 2018, 18:57
Are you kidding? I'm thrilled.
I hope they make a bucket load of money from consoles. They already gave me my pc designed game, if they consolize it after… yay! Its the other way around I cant stand.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

April 6th, 2018, 21:13
Is this ever going to be released for the MAC?

Barghest

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

April 7th, 2018, 01:16
Originally Posted by Barghest View Post
Is this ever going to be released for the MAC?
People have been asking that question going on 30 years now
--
If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

April 7th, 2018, 02:56
Good for any folks who should be playing on PC but, for whatever reason, are trapped in console-land.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

April 7th, 2018, 04:45
I guess this game wouldn't be that hard to play on a console.

But like said above it is a PC game that is being made into a console game.
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

April 7th, 2018, 14:36
Is this the big announcement? Disappointed.

mbpopolano24

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

April 7th, 2018, 15:02
We all know they have controller support and hte controller support ui is sep from the kb/m interface. THis is nothing new. They did hte same thing with D:OS-1. I don't get why folks are saying hte order matter. THey are basically using D:OS-1 engine with a few enhancements.
-
While I suppose some here prefer the console version i personally find this (as already stated) expected but boring announcement.

Originally Posted by CelticFrost View Post
I guess this game wouldn't be that hard to play on a console.

But like said above it is a PC game that is being made into a console game.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

April 7th, 2018, 17:40
Originally Posted by you View Post
I don't get why folks are saying hte order matter.
The order matters significantly.

If a game is developed as a console game, and then ported to PC it has all the hallmarks of console. Which are generally terrible for PC users.
-Bad UI.
-Lower Graphics
-Lower FPS
-Terrible inventory management
-The "Click any key" syndrome (or just poor mapping in general)
-Save game issues.
And more!

The thing is… its CHEAPER to develop for consoles and port to PC because consoles are truly the lowest common denominator.

If a game is developed for PC and ported to consoles… while it is more expensive to develop, all the things consoles can't handle can be removed for much less cost than adding them to console version.

You will be hard pressed to come up with examples where developers are willing to spend a great deal of money to improve a console version for PC.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

April 7th, 2018, 21:36
You my friend are very confused. It is not the order but the quality of hte developer. The fact that a lot of developers choose to use cheap translation software (more precise libraries) is a problem with the developers not the order. Larian chose to develop the code for both platform from the start (just look at the diverse GUI). They could have just as easily released it for the console first (and I suspect they would if the market for their game was larger on the console).

DO NOT CONFUSE SHITTY DEVELOPERS with reason for (lack of) quality of the pc game that are released on consoles first.

Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
The order matters significantly.

If a game is developed as a console game, and then ported to PC it has all the hallmarks of console. Which are generally terrible for PC users.
-Bad UI.
-Lower Graphics
-Lower FPS
-Terrible inventory management
-The "Click any key" syndrome (or just poor mapping in general)
-Save game issues.
And more!

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

April 8th, 2018, 13:45
In this case, the question is relevant. The first game was released for Mac, as well as the Enhanced Edition, upon which this game is based, so much of the work is already done. Larian has admitted this.

Of course, after playing the first game and finding it rather dull, I no longer have any desire to play the second one. But I'd still like to see it released for MacOS.

Clocknova

Watcher

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 8th, 2018, 19:09
And I would like the linux release. No clue here. Either the market is so small they feel it is not worth the cost of support (I hear D:OS has problems on macos but it ran quite well on linux); they will get to it eventually or some unknown issue.

Originally Posted by Clocknova View Post
In this case, the question is relevant. The first game was released for Mac, as well as the Enhanced Edition, upon which this game is based, so much of the work is already done. Larian has admitted this.

Of course, after playing the first game and finding it rather dull, I no longer have any desire to play the second one. But I'd still like to see it released for MacOS.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity: Original Sin II - PS4 & Xbox One this August