|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Iron Danger - Announcement Trailer

Default Iron Danger - Announcement Trailer

May 9th, 2018, 00:09
Iron Danger has now been officially announced with a new pre-alpha gameplay trailer.

loading…

PRESS RELEASE

Helsinki, Finland - 9th of May, 2018
Finnish developer Action Squad Studios announces their new game, Iron Danger, with release of the pre-alpha gameplay trailer. Iron Danger is a genre-blending tactical RPG with simultaneous turns and time rewinding mechanics, providing an uniquely experimental take on combat and puzzles. It is also a game that focuses heavily on story and aims to minimize grinding as a part of the character progress.

The world of Iron Danger draws its inspiration from Nordic mythos, and especially from Kalevala and Finnish folklore. It tells a story of Kipuna, a simple village girl, who becomes imbued with a cosmic power that grants dominion over time and death. The group of unsung heroes, led by Kipuna, must use their wits and power over the time as they’re drawn into the midst of a war between the city of Kalevala, ruled by an immortal, who has renounced the gods, and the armies of the Northlanders driven by their Witch Queen.

Iron Danger will be released for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

May 9th, 2018, 01:30
I think it has very good potential. Some might dislike a few niblets of the graphic style but it works for myself.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

May 9th, 2018, 01:45
I might buy this simply because the devs are Finnish.

Also, it seems I'm seeing more games using WeGo, or simultaneous turns. There's such a glut of games on the market these days, maybe more devs are looking to distinguish their games with WeGo. That's a good thing, if you ask me. It's a great system that does not sacrifice in the tactical department.

Tried to wishlist it. No Steam page yet.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

May 9th, 2018, 08:24
From the trailer it looks more like RTwP to me (which is good). I also like the art style and setting.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

May 9th, 2018, 09:31
Perhaps you're right. Bummer.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

+1:

May 9th, 2018, 15:29
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/iron-…alpha-trailer/
Iron Danger is described as a genre-blending tactical RPG with simultaneous turns and time rewinding mechanics, providing an uniquely experimental take on combat and puzzles. It is also a game that focuses heavily on story and aims to minimize grinding as a part of the character progress.
I'm buying.
Here's hope it also focuses on proper controls on PC.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

May 10th, 2018, 04:51
Does look tempting from the trailer!
Will see how it goes…

Stahl33

Watchdog

May 10th, 2018, 22:16
About WeGo or RTwP discussion, there is bit for both of you. In practice it can be considered as WeGo as you give both commands individually (only general movement commands are acted as grouped). The combat itself is done in so called trance mode, in which there is auto pause when currently selected character has no instructed actions left to run. Time rewinding allows you to synchronize things better than usual with simultaneous turns, so that if for example enemy movement blocks your way and would make your movement silly, you can rewind to that exact time when you'd want to change the actions to get precise control on flow of the combat. So, in the sense you maintain control for details more than usually in games with simultaneous turns.

May be bit hard to explain but it will be easier when you see it running in bit longer clip or get to play with it.

Of course, as things are still pre-alpha, anything I say for now could be changed to one way or other before the release. As we constantly seek for more and more fun and fluent gameplay.

Oh, and those who wonder who I am to tell like I know about things, I'm HP, lead programmer of Iron Danger.

hepphep

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Iron Danger - Announcement Trailer