|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Bundle

Default Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Bundle

June 11th, 2018, 22:19
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Wasteland InXile announce that Wasteland will be getting remastered and released early 2019.

Wasteland 30th Anniversary Bundle

inXile Entertainment is proud to announce the Wasteland 30th Anniversary Bundle, a celebration of the video game series which launched the post-apocalyptic genre in video gaming and inspired successors such as the Fallout series. The bundle includes items from across the history of the series, along with two new items - a musical track by Mark Morgan, which represents the first publicly available new content from 2019’s Wasteland 3, and a currently in pre-production 30th anniversary remaster of the original Wasteland by Krome Studios (currently partnered with inXile on a similar remaster of The Bard’s Tale Trilogy).

Items in the Wasteland 30th Anniversary Edition Bundle include:

• Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic

• Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Edition remaster (due early 2019)

• Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

• Digital Extras:

- Wasteland 3 Music Track "Frozen Waste"

- Wasteland 2 Novella: All Bad Things

- Wasteland 2 Novella: The Earth Transformed Ghost Book One

- Wasteland 2 Novella: Death Machines Ghost Book Two

- Wasteland 2 Concept Art Book

- Wasteland 2 Choir Songs EP

- Wasteland 2 Original Soundtrack

This bundle will contain all the items listed above and be sold for $44.99, launching at 10% discount in celebration of the game’s anniversary. When Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Edition is released, it will also be added to the libraries of customers who purchased the bundle at no additional cost.

The signature item of this bundle is Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Edition, a remastering of the first game that will feature updated graphics (which maintain the spirit of the original pixel art), run natively in current operating systems and at all current resolutions, and offer other quality of life features. This work is being done by Krome Studios, the team currently behind a similar remastering of The Bard’s Tale Trilogy.

The Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Edition remaster is currently in pre-production, with an expected completion date of early 2019. Anyone who purchases the bundle prior to then will receive the game at no additional cost upon release.
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
+1:

June 11th, 2018, 22:24
Cool, I've always wanted to play the original Wasteland, but I find it hard to approach with it being as dated as it is. That will be a definite purchase for me.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

June 11th, 2018, 22:36
Wow, a remake of the first Wasteland, and I just replayed it like three years ago!!! That is, hands-down, the best gaming news I've heard all month, and I'm really looking forward to this updated version, although I suspect we'll be waiting a bit to actually play it.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

June 11th, 2018, 23:39
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Wow, a remake of the first Wasteland, and I just replayed it like three years ago!!! That is, hands-down, the best gaming news I've heard all month, and I'm really looking forward to this updated version, although I suspect we'll be waiting a bit to actually play it.
Remaster, not remake. A remake implies making a product completely new again, a remaster is the very same with a coat of paint, so this will probably be 4 new sprites and nothing else.

CRD

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

June 11th, 2018, 23:46
Originally Posted by CRD View Post
so this will probably be 4 new sprites and nothing else.
Nah, those guys have done a lot more than that with the Bard's Tale remasters, so I don't see why this would be different.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 11th, 2018, 23:54
InXile have the source code for Wasteland so expect more than tinkering around the edges.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

June 12th, 2018, 00:06
I wonder how much it will be if you own the others.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

June 12th, 2018, 00:36
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Nah, those guys have done a lot more than that with the Bard's Tale remasters, so I don't see why this would be different.
but the bards tale remaster was not even their project, it was offered under weird conditions and still we don't know anything

CRD

Watcher

June 12th, 2018, 01:07
Originally Posted by CRD View Post
but the bards tale remaster was not even their project, it was offered under weird conditions and still we don't know anything
So? It's the same studio, and what they've shown of the BT remasters so far looks pretty good.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 12th, 2018, 01:18
Who cares?? I'll take a side benefit of the overall project, if even one slight change is made for the better, I'm good with that.

Oh, and terribly sorry about my word choice earlier. Consider me well chastised.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 12th, 2018, 06:38
So? It's the same studio, and what they've shown of the BT remasters so far looks pretty good.
This looks "pretty good" ?

because it's mostly the same with higher resolution

I wouldn't expect anything more than that for wasteland.

CRD

Watcher

June 12th, 2018, 07:19
No, I wouldn't say that looked very good at all. However, those aren't images of the Bard's Tale remasters that are in development now.

That's an old screen from when it was being developed by Olde Skuul who is no longer in charge of the project. inXile has since given the project to Krome Studios, and the results are already looking significantly better.

They released an update last month with some images.
https://bardstale.inxile-entertainme…act=view&id=74

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 12th, 2018, 07:28
Cool, I've always wanted to play the original Wasteland, but I find it hard to approach with it being as dated as it is. That will be a definite purchase for me.
Yeah me too. If they take the same approach as the remasters in the link you just posted I'll definitely pick it up.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

June 12th, 2018, 08:03
Iīd be happy to give "Wasteland" a go. I too missed it back in the day, even though I played through all three "Bardīs Tale" games. Tried it a bit when I got it together with "Wasteland 2" but it simply felt too…*ancient* for me to invest much time in.

Feist

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

June 12th, 2018, 13:07
Feel sorry for you guys that didn't play Wasteland when it first came out. Maybe the most fun I had gaming in the 1980's was playing Wasteland. Though I did get stuck and had to use a hint guide. Had to use a rope to get across a stupid sewage river. That had me stuck for weeks.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

June 12th, 2018, 13:10
Bush or head horse. I'm not gonna beat it.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

June 12th, 2018, 15:58
The original Wasteland is one of my absolute favorite games, so this is amazing news.

I did just finish a playthrough of it a few years back, around the release of WL2.

Merin

'Author'

June 12th, 2018, 16:24
Those shots look pretty amazing to me!!! Looks head and shoulders above the graphics on the game that I'm playing right now. They don't have to do much to satisfy me, get it working for my current computer so I don't have to jump hoops to install it, and I'll be a happy clam.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 12th, 2018, 22:44
Could turn out way more playable than the horrible trainwreck Wasteland 2, JinXile vomited.

mercy

SasqWatch

June 13th, 2018, 01:30
Wasteland 3 soundtrack by Mark Morgan gets me more excited than playing a remastered version of Wasteland 1.

Thrasher

Wheeee!

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wasteland - 30th Anniversary Bundle