|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Demo Impressions

Default Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Demo Impressions

June 13th, 2018, 02:35
Cyberpunk 2077 has been demoed for the games press and they wrote their impressions. You may find this interview by Variety of value also.

PC Gamer

Those were some of the biggest highlights of that hour-long demo, and I cannot wait to see more. Honestly, my head is still spinning, and it's hard to say whether the full game will be able to feel as dense and intricate. I never expected that our first look would have so much to cover, which is hopefully a good sign of how much more is still to come for Cyberpunk.

Gameinformer

This first taste of Cyberpunk 2077 was unexpected and nothing short of amazing We know CD Projekt Red has a firm handle on player choice and narrative – which are both evidenced here – but now we see this dev has first-person shooter chops as well. The combat looked dynamic, fun, and filled with RPG elements galore. Although we were treated to roughly an hour of finely polished and beautiful gameplay, the developer didn't share a release date or give any hint of when we might see it. That likely points to 2019 or later. Don't worry, it's for this generation, and is currently slated to hit Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

VG24/7

We met a lot of different characters in Night City, most of them clearly out for self. As one character puts it, “everybody gets fucked”. We met a gangster boss who gifted us a mission to prove our worth, a gun for hire, a corporate exec with nothing but disdain for the working classes. Don’t expect to make any friends in Cyberpunk 2077. And if you do, well, don’t trust ’em.

Thanks BoboTheMighty!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 02:38
I never trust e3 impressions, still excited tho of course

Tao_

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 03:37
I may have posted a few bits about it, in overexcitement.
--
Rush in and die, dogs…I was a man before I was a king.

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 03:42
The 50 minutes of gameplay we saw of Cyberpunk 2077 contained more violence, flesh and verbal abuse than any game I’ve seen in a long time. We saw V plunge a dude’s head into a cooler box and blow his brains out from behind, blast off another man’s limbs, pump some kind of skill enhancing future drug into her system, pick up naked dead bodies, stare at a mutilated corpse and use the kind of language that would make a navvy blush. One choice piece of dialogue? “Cleaner than a cunt in a covenant.” ~ VG42/7
So this is where Saints Row 5 went…
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 03:42
But seriously, I think the game is mostly done and now they're in polishing/bug fixing stage. Nearly one hour is pretty long for this sort of thing.
Probably held it behind doors because of technical issues ( frame rate and pop, I hear).
--

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

June 13th, 2018, 03:44
It must be something if they said that after Last of Us II. Anyone seen that? Brutal.
--

BoboTheMighty

SasqWatch

June 13th, 2018, 03:46
Waiting for video leaks from hidden cameras. Every year it happens.

loading…

loading…

loading…

And of course a very short leaked video showing off the games city.

Hurry though as it might get taken down.

loading…
--
"Troll Make Internet Mad, Troll Like Anger, Troll wants people as miserable as Troll"

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Last edited by Couchpotato; June 13th, 2018 at 04:19.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Old Troll

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 05:38
Well, after the 76 disappointment, perhaps in 77 we will all find redemption
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 05:45
Originally Posted by BoboTheMighty View Post
But seriously, I think the game is mostly done and now they're in polishing/bug fixing stage. Nearly one hour is pretty long for this sort of thing.
Probably held it behind doors because of technical issues ( frame rate and pop, I hear).
late 2020 / early 2021 and cross gen. I bet my arm.

CRD

Watcher

June 13th, 2018, 05:51
Originally Posted by CRD View Post
late 2020 / early 2021 and cross gen. I bet my arm.
Nah I'll say sometime in 2019-20 as they have another RPG in development that hasn't been officially announced yet for a 2020-22 release according to the last investor report.

Also don't forget this game started pre-production in 2013 but was delayed due to Witcher 3, and it's expansions. This is talked about in the last interview video.
--
"Troll Make Internet Mad, Troll Like Anger, Troll wants people as miserable as Troll"

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Last edited by Couchpotato; June 13th, 2018 at 06:21.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Old Troll

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 06:18
The combat looked dynamic, fun, and filled with RPG elements galore.

I'm interested in what this exactly means.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

June 13th, 2018, 06:26
Maybe it will be announced for 2019 but I doubt it will be released before 2020. I'm guessing 2020 or early 2021 at most.

GabrielMP_19

Vault Survivor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 08:25
I'm looking forward to this game more then anything else!

Dreadzilla

SasqWatch

June 13th, 2018, 11:23
I wasn't a fan of the Witcher series, but this definitely sounds good.
There's 0% chance my current pc could run it though, so it could be a very expensive purchase. Guess I've got three years to save up by the sounds of things…

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

June 13th, 2018, 11:37
Eurogamer also took some notes during the demo, and did a short interview: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2…ojekt-about-it

According to the interview, it seems they're actually quite far off, despite having so much to show. The game must be massive. Also, first person only? That's a bit of a drawback for me. Wasn't expecting that.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

June 13th, 2018, 12:45
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Eurogamer also took some notes during the demo, and did a short interview: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2…ojekt-about-it

According to the interview, it seems they're actually quite far off, despite having so much to show. The game must be massive. Also, first person only? That's a bit of a drawback for me. Wasn't expecting that.
Yeah I wasn't psyched about that either. But maybe I'll come around. I saw the E3 demo of The Last of Us 2 which has 3rd person combat, both melee and ranged and that looked amazing. I wish CDPR had gone in that direction instead.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 13:16
Now I understand why some people here refused to play FarCry3.
Get over it and adapt! You don't need to see protagonist's backside in every single game. Not that there is something wrong with that…
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 13:38
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
The combat looked dynamic, fun, and filled with RPG elements galore.

I'm interested in what this exactly means.
I suspect the "RPG elements galore" that person is talking about is floating damage numbers and gear. All the impressions I've read made it look like combat abilities are entirely based on what weapons and augmentations/implants you installed on V and the only skills mentioned are engineering and hacking. For the dynamic (fun is subjective), there is lots of movements and body parts flying…

The Eurogamer interviews and some of the impression seems to point to the game having a lots of missing/incomplete features/content. I find the lack of mention of a skill screen rather interesting (we know there is skills and perks).
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

June 13th, 2018, 13:50
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The Eurogamer interviews and some of the impression seems to point to the game having a lots of missing/incomplete features/content. I find the lack of mention of a skill screen rather interesting (we know there is skills and perks).
Did they expect a game that still has a long way to go in development to seem feature complete?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

June 13th, 2018, 14:06
I'm willing to bet that game will come out in may of 2020 Just in time for me to upgrade my PC as soon as they reveal recommended spec

borovnica

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Demo Impressions